A dress code for bank customers? (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Bankers Association Wants 'No Hats, No Hoods, No Sunglasses' Policy
Monday, January 21, 2008
Associated Press

SARASOTA, Fla. — Responding to a more than one-third hike in bank robbery, the Florida Bankers Association is urging its members to adopt new rules.

Not additional guards or cameras, but a dress code for customers.

The group rolled out a "No Hats, No Hoods, No Sunglasses" program, which includes lobby signs asking customers to remove those items before approaching a teller.

Those who refuse would be directed to an area with more security or a more experienced teller.

"Bankers aren't just going to hope robbers won't come," FBA president Alex Sanchez said. "The 'No Hats' program is one more layer of protection for banks, employees and bank customers."

The dress code is optional, and some banks say they have no plans to adopt it. Wachovia, among the largest banks in Florida, is one of them.

"We realize and recognize that there are circumstances, such as religious traditions, that might make this offensive to some of our customers," Wachovia spokeswoman Kathy Harrison said.

READ MORE
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324197,00.html

Trustmark National Bank in Jackson has already adopted these policies.

When it was 19 degrees this morning I thought about going to make a deposit with my neoprene face mask, black hat, black ski pants and black snow jacket zipped all the way up but didn't feel like shouting "don't shoot me bro" since Jackson can't afford tazers.

Yep I see the ACLU or CAIR getting all over this one when the first hijab wearing woman is told she cant go to a teller. Remember the stink when they wouldn't let a woman get a drivers licesnce picture wearing a burkah.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom