A&E's "The First 48" to begin filming NOPD homicide detectives today (1 Viewer)

Broadmoor74

Yeah you rite
Reaction score
Louisiana...the greatest 3rd world country in the
NOPD Spokeswoman Remi Braden said the show will follow detectives at crime scenes as they question witnesses and relatives of homicide victims. The crew will stay with detectives throughout the duration of the investigations -- which in some cases could take months.

"The most the people of New Orleans have seen of our homicide detectives is glances of them on murder scenes or possibly 12-second sound bites they've given on the local news," NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas said in a written statement. "'The First 48' is documentary-style television and will allow residents to see the extraordinary effort, dedication and perseverance our detectives demonstrate in each and every murder case."

A&E's 'The First 48' to begin filming NOPD homicide detectives Friday | NOLA.com

I'm excited about this. "The First 48" is arguably the best of all the documentary-style reality shows on TV. Can't wait to get an inside look into the world of NOPD homicide detectives.

This is going to be horrible for the city's perception. The two cities I never wanted to see this show in was Baton Rouge or New Orleans. Great.

Some possibility that the video taken could lead to a defendant walking.

I love The First 48. It is a sad show and most of the murders are over drugs, money, or robberies gone wrong so I understand not wanting to see New Orleans in a negative light but every major city has murders in it. New Orleans is still one of the greatest cities in the world.

I love this show.
With Intervention being cancelled, the First 48 and Hoarders is the only reason I watch A&E.

Hate it that Intervention is being cancelled as that was a good show!

No doubt they'll be looking for a suspect who is "nowhere to be found." All kidding aside, it's a good show IHMO, and I look forward to seeing the N.O. episodes.

Get ready for "Suspect has not yet been found"

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom