A europeans Muslim resentment (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Saw this video on another board. I have to agree with everything this guy says. So far I have not seen anything that shows the Islamics are peaceful people. They want everything their way and have no respect for anyone else.

http://www.dotsub.com/films/moredemands/index.php?autostart=true&language_setting=en_1618

Edit: I am sure their are peaceful Islamics but my meaning was for those Islams who refuse to adopt to worldly accepted human rights and freedoms.

Last edited:
Saw this video on another board. I have to agree with everything this guy says. So far I have not seen anything that shows the Islamics are peaceful people. They want everything their way and have no respect for anyone else.

http://www.dotsub.com/films/moredemands/index.php?autostart=true&language_setting=en_1618

i wouldn't say as a people one can ever broadly catigorized a very large group so generically as peacefull or not. That being said, that there are a significant number that will use the tool of religion ot subjigate and dominate others, if not by persuasion, then by force. Islam seems to embrace this a great deal, but the problem is not exclusive to Islam.

So far I have not seen anything that shows the Texans are peaceful people. They want everything their way and have no respect for anyone else.

So far I have not seen anything that shows the Texans are peaceful people. They want everything their way and have no respect for anyone else.

You obviously were not a Katrician or you just went the wrong direction.

When I was a student at University in London I lived in a large college building housing hundreds of fellow students. We shared communcal kitchens and of the 10 people who used the one I was assigned to I was the only one who was British, the rest were Iraqi army engineers.
These men were not blind fanatics or suicide bombers they were deeply interested in my country, my religious beliefs, and what my views were as a Christian on the more decadent aspects of western lifestyle (they were partly fascinated by it - and partly horrified by it).
Islam is actually well known for its hospitality and these men were always delighted to share their food with me - they would spend hours preparing a communal meal each evening and loved it when I joined them asking for nothing in return.
These men were soldiers, some had brothers in Iranian prisoner of war camps and yet none was obsessed with violence or Jihad (probably because in the early 80s they had yet to have their tolerance of western culture bombed out of them by years of shock and awe).
These men were all happy to listen to my views on religion, and would comment on how much our faiths had in common. At no time was I ever made to feel unwelcome or an outsider. Sadly I don't know the fate of any of these men - it's a shame - they were decent people unfortunate enough to have lived almost all their lives surrounded by war and violence.
Anti-islamic comments are simply racist, and should be met with the same revulsion as anti-semitic comments about Jews.

I would say the OP does not know many Muslims or has ever lived in a Muslim dominated society. As has been mentioned, broadly categorizing a billion plus people as "peaceful" or "not peaceful" is pretty futile.

When I was a student at University in London I lived in a large college building housing hundreds of fellow students. We shared communcal kitchens and of the 10 people who used the one I was assigned to I was the only one who was British, the rest were Iraqi army engineers.
These men were not blind fanatics or suicide bombers they were deeply interested in my country, my religious beliefs, and what my views were as a Christian on the more decadent aspects of western lifestyle (they were partly fascinated by it - and partly horrified by it).
Islam is actually well known for its hospitality and these men were always delighted to share their food with me - they would spend hours preparing a communal meal each evening and loved it when I joined them asking for nothing in return.
These men were soldiers, some had brothers in Iranian prisoner of war camps and yet none was obsessed with violence or Jihad (probably because in the early 80s they had yet to have their tolerance of western culture bombed out of them by years of shock and awe).
These men were all happy to listen to my views on religion, and would comment on how much our faiths had in common. At no time was I ever made to feel unwelcome or an outsider. Sadly I don't know the fate of any of these men - it's a shame - they were decent people unfortunate enough to have lived almost all their lives surrounded by war and violence.
Anti-islamic comments are simply racist, and should be met with the same revulsion as anti-semitic comments about Jews.

Islam, is a religion, not a race or an ethnic group. Islam is practiced by arabs, persians, africans, europeans, and americans (aka...white people). Rejecting aspects of Islam that encourage submission, violence, descrimination and control of others is not racist in any way.

Islam, is a religion, not a race or an ethnic group. Islam is practiced by arabs, persians, africans, europeans, and americans (aka...white people). Rejecting aspects of Islam that encourage submission, violence, descrimination and control of others is not racist in any way.

Come on Jeff, Iyou are correct in what you say but would you really be happy if a neo-Nazi came on here and started making anti-Jewish comments because he believed certain aspects of the Jewish religion encouraged discrimination, social division and violence.

I think most people would be outraged and would call in the mods to ban the person (I would), so why should we have one rule for one religion and one for another.

FWtex makes a sweeping, ignorant, islamophobic remark and it deserved to be challenged. It's remarks like his that promote bigotry and intolerance - concepts he so presumbably associates with Islam.

>>FWtex makes a sweeping, ignorant, islamophobic remark and it deserved to be challenged.

In other news, it's sunny outside today. :hihi:

TPS

The Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice will be knocking at your door.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom