A faithless elector has declared his intent. (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/o...oral-vote-for-donald-trump.html?smid=tw-share

DALLAS — I am a Republican presidential elector, one of the 538 people asked to choose officially the president of the United States. Since the election, people have asked me to change my vote based on policy disagreements with Donald J. Trump. In some cases, they cite the popular vote difference. I do not think president-elects should be disqualified for policy disagreements. I do not think they should be disqualified because they won the Electoral College instead of the popular vote. However, now I am asked to cast a vote on Dec. 19 for someone who shows daily he is not qualified for the office.
I totally get where this guy is coming from but if 38 people join him, all hell is gonna break loose.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
I don't even want to imagine the unrest, and let's be honest, those right-wing nutjobs are a lot more dangerous than the left. If that one guy can walk into a pizza place with an assault rifle and start shooting the place up, what are these people going to do when they actually have something concrete to vent their hate? I honestly think riots would be the tip of the iceberg. You'd probably have these nuts marching into every government building they can find, taking hostages, shooting up black and Hispanic neighborhoods, etc. It would be really, really scary. I honestly would fear for my life and my family in that situation. I'd rather have to deal with Trump as president. Dead serious.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't even want to imagine the unrest, and let's be honest, those right-wing nutjobs are a lot more dangerous than the left. If that one guy can walk into a pizza place with an assault rifle and start shooting the place up, what are these people going to do when they actually have something concrete to vent their hate? I honestly think riots would be the tip of the iceberg. You'd probably have these nuts marching into every government building they can find, taking hostages, shooting up black and Hispanic neighborhoods, etc. It would be really, really scary. I honestly would fear for my life and my family in that situation. I'd rather have to deal with Trump as president. Dead serious.
His people voted for him to tear that place down and this would do it.

I'm not sure which I fear the most. 4 years of that imbecilic child in office or a direct challenge to the peaceful transfer of power.
Relax, he'll get impeached. Of course, that may leave us with Pence :covri:

I can't think of a worse way to live than to live in fear that an entire sector of our country would riot and engage in armed rebellion in the streets if it doesn't get its way, even though it did put a horrifically unqualified narcissistic man in the office of POTUS.

The ire of all would more rightfully be directed at corporate America and its congressional shills. I'm at the point where I'd have no problem with yanking the wealth and power addicts out of their ivory towers by any means necessary and restoring government to the people.

Reaction score

I can't think of a worse way to live than to live in fear that an entire sector of our country would riot and engage in armed rebellion in the streets if it doesn't get its way, even though it did put a horrifically unqualified narcissistic man in the office of POTUS.

The ire of all would more rightfully be directed at corporate America and its congressional shills. I'm at the point where I'd have no problem with yanking the wealth and power addicts out of their ivory towers by any means necessary and restoring government to the people.
I don't think there are that many so far on the fringe. There's just too many who were die hard R's or couldn't palate the Dem candidate, or just stayed away in protest.

They'll have somewhat of an uprising, but it will be over once the tantrum is passed and some new cause presents itself.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

This did actually happen in a few cities after trump was elected, just saying.

Honestly I think you'd see a little resistance at first, but it would quickly die once something new and interesting popped up on facebook.

Our society is entirely too lazy to sustain any kind of rebellion or succession.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This did actually happen in a few cities after trump was elected, just saying.

Honestly I think you'd see a little resistance at first, but it would quickly die once something new and interesting popped up on facebook.

Our society is entirely too lazy to sustain any kind of rebellion or succession.
Whining and vandalism is not the same as armed insurrection.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
True, but riots did happen because people didn't get their way.

We both know armed insurrection isn't going to happen. We're talking about people that can't bother to actually research a political candidate beyond what they see on social media. You think they are going to collectively organize a rebellion against the government?

Good luck...

Will you have stupid people do stupid things? Of course, but hasn't that always happened?

EagleSaint

Very Banned
Reaction score
Most people simply rioted, and became instantly anti-trump because of some social media tantrums on some things he said(see Laci Green).

Yes, Trump did some stupid **** but for the most part he is evolving as a politician.

People are saying that he has become a Liberal, or was a secret Liberal from the start, I don't agree with it. He started out pretty far-right, then steadily moved towards the middle. He's a more moderate candidate now on certain stances.

615saint

I add nothing
Reaction score
People are saying that he has become a Liberal, or was a secret Liberal from the start, I don't agree with it. He started out pretty far-right, then steadily moved towards the middle. He's a more moderate candidate now on certain stances.
That's today. Tomorrow, who the hell knows what his stance will be.

Ever evolving is not the same thing as constantly changing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom