A few HDTV questions (1 Viewer)

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
I need some help with a LCD I just bought. I know you guys are generally the best source for...well, anything really.

I just bought an HDTV. I got there at 3am. Was the first in line. I hooked it up and it looks very nice. I do have 3 questions about some small issues I'm having though:

1)I have tried to play DVD's and have to set the aspect ratio to "zoom" to get the true AR to come through instead of "full". Is there a simple setting I'm not doing right? I shouldnt have to "zoom" a dvd to get it to look proper should I?

2)My S Video comes through fine from DVD but the Component video looks blue and skewed. Another simple setting I'm guessing I need to adjust. Any ideas?

3) Is it possible to adjust it to 1024X720 or do I need to have it hooked up as my computer monitor?

Many thanks for an help!

PS-Apart from these...it's GREAT!

saints225

Reaction score
Check you component cables and make sure you don't have the blue and green mixed up. On your DVD's usually you have to change the output ratio of the player to 16:9.

OP
whodatfever

whodatfever

UNSOBER
Reaction score
Check you component cables and make sure you don't have the blue and green mixed up. On your DVD's usually you have to change the output ratio of the player to 16:9.

That did it. Thanks!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom