A friend of mine is real close friends with Jamie Collins. Some inside info regarding Saints. (2 Viewers)

You know...I was listening the the "moving the chains" show on Sirius, and both Kirwan and TRock said that they think the Saints will make a trade with Frisco......giving them the 15th pick, for the 31, & 34th pick in return.

It makes a lot of sense to have that trade....For Frisco, they need quality....they have like 14 picks in this draft, so they looking for ways to trade up. The Saints are in prime position to get back their 2nd rd pick.

Who would we get at 31?...Maybe Eric Reid

You know...I was listening the the "moving the chains" show on Sirius, and both Kirwan and TRock said that they think the Saints will make a trade with Frisco......giving them the 15th pick, for the 31, & 34th pick in return.

It makes a lot of sense to have that trade....For Frisco, they need quality....they have like 14 picks in this draft, so they looking for ways to trade up. The Saints are in prime position to get back their 2nd rd pick.

I would love something like this-plus getting another 4th for ivory. Then, I'd like to see Harper traded for something.

to be honest, I'd rather see us get collins than jarvis or mingo.

If we can get a 4th for Ivory, which is realistic IMO. We could package that pick with our 3rd rounder and move up into the late 2nd if he's still on the board.

As for Collins I'm a fan, he's the only OLB prospect that has production with the athletiscm to match that. The top 3 (Jordan, Ansah, Mingo) all have great athletiscm but were used wrong so they don't have production and then the next two (Jones and Moore) have the production but have serious red flags with their athletiscm. I'd rank him as my 4th overall OLB.

If we can get a 4th for Ivory, which is realistic IMO. We could package that pick with our 3rd rounder and move up into the late 2nd if he's still on the board.

As for Collins I'm a fan, he's the only OLB prospect that has production with the athletiscm to match that. The top 3 (Jordan, Ansah, Mingo) all have great athletiscm but were used wrong so they don't have production and then the next two (Jones and Moore) have the production but have serious red flags with their athletiscm. I'd rank him as my 4th overall OLB.

sounds plausible. I'd still rather trade down-get say NT jenkins, Dontae Jones, Ogletree, Carradine or Vaccoro in 1st (heck, I'd also look for another TE), Collins in 2nd, Bennie Logan or a CB in the 3rd.

In early March, Matthew Fairburn did a mock draft showing the Saints taking Collins in the first round. He also shows Mingo going second overall and Jarvis Jones going in the top ten. He must be expecting a run on 3-4 OLB types.

I'm not sold on using the 15th overall pick on Collins, but he was highly productive in college and tested off the charts at the combine (4.64 forty, 41.5" vertical, 139" broad jump). Seemed to get better each year in college. Looks and tests like Mingo, but more productive in college.

I'd take Collins over Jones any day, so I won't be too upset if we use a first round pick on him.

We need a 2nd round pick to have any chance of getting him.

Well this reminds me when I was at Mississippi State. I had a few classes with Fred Smoot and he and I talked quite a bit. He told me the same thing that the Saints were going to draft him, they visited him, had him come down to NO, called him almost daily, the whole nine yards.

Then Deuce fell in the draft and we draft Deuce and Smoot goes to Washington.

I hope it happens but so many things can happen in the draft and there is no telling how many guys the Saints are calling and saying the exact same thing too.

Would love to have him. Hopefully the Saints make the moves to get home. Interesting to hear the whiners want him too. Hmmm.

The 49ers must trade into the first round to be able to get rid of some of their picks. If they don't trade with us they have enough ammo to make a trade in front of us. If it is a good trade for us then we are foolish to ignore them as trade partners, because we also need a willing trade partner if we want to move down.

If there are other teams willing to trade with us in the 25 range then that is better, but the 49ers may be the only ones willing to give up multiple picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom