A friend of mine is real close friends with Jamie Collins. Some inside info regarding Saints. (2 Viewers)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
I dont know if I should post this or not.
I will probably get flamed because I dont have an ESPN link to this story.

But I have been here since 2006 and have never posted any non sense.

My friend is REAL close friends with Jamie Collins.
Collins was all but promised that the Saints are going to do absolutely everything they can to draft him.

He will be in New Orleans tomorrow for another visit. Collins said that the Saints have talked to him by far more then any other team and its not even close.

I have been told this for over a month but never could quite figure out how the Saints would be able to pull this off.

He is too much of a reach at 15 and he wont be there in the 3rd.

But since the Ivory talk has started its all starting to make sense.

Based on everything im told I would say its almost a certainty that the Saints will draft Collins in the 2nd round if they can get one.

Collins says 3 days dont go by without talking to someone from the Saints.

Collins has been a huge Saints fan since the day he was born.
He has a retro Dome Patrol poster in his bedroom.

He does not drink or do any drugs.
He was top level student.
He is nothing short of first class from all reports.

Who Dat.

I dont understand how they will pull it off unless they somehow got a 2nd for Ivory.

I dont believe the Saints will take him at 15 and he will not be there in the 3rd.

But this much I know.
The Saints have visited and visited and visited him more then any other team.

He says San Fran is the 2nd most interested team in him but the Saints by far has shown the most interest and its not close.

Collins will be Metaire again tomorrow for more workouts and interviews.

This is the 3rd face to face meeting in the last month.

My guess is a trade down with either MIN or SF to acquire a second round pick.

Interesting info for sure, but I haven't seen anything that states he will definitely will be a 2nd round pick. PFW has him as a 4th-5th round pick, Rob Rang at CBS Sports has him as a 2nd-3rd round pick. I wouldn't get too worked up that we HAVE TO HAVE a 2nd round pick to draft him.

I dont know if I should post this or not.
I will probably get flamed because I dont have an ESPN link to this story.

But I have been here since 2006 and have never posted any non sense.

My friend is REAL close friends with Jamie Collins.
Collins was all but promised that the Saints are going to do absolutely everything they can to draft him.

He will be in New Orleans tomorrow for another visit. Collins said that the Saints have talked to him by far more then any other team and its not even close.

I have been told this for over a month but never could quite figure out how the Saints would be able to pull this off.

He is too much of a reach at 15 and he wont be there in the 3rd.

But since the Ivory talk has started its all starting to make sense.

Based on everything im told I would say its almost a certainty that the Saints will draft Collins in the 2nd round if they can get one.

Collins says 3 days dont go by without talking to someone from the Saints.

Collins has been a huge Saints fan since the day he was born.
He has a retro Dome Patrol poster in his bedroom.

He does not drink or do any drugs.
He was top level student.
He is nothing short of first class from all reports.

Who Dat.

As a S Miss alum, I would love for this to happen. Collins is a stud.

Nice pic if we get him. Stud at USM!!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/apBG0RA_cKQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pgo4xXFTA84" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

1:17 mark
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AF_4GBjz54E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know...I was listening the the "moving the chains" show on Sirius, and both Kirwan and TRock said that they think the Saints will make a trade with Frisco......giving them the 15th pick, for the 31, & 34th pick in return.

It makes a lot of sense to have that trade....For Frisco, they need quality....they have like 14 picks in this draft, so they looking for ways to trade up. The Saints are in prime position to get back their 2nd rd pick.

I dont understand how they will pull it off unless they somehow got a 2nd for Ivory.

I dont believe the Saints will take him at 15 and he will not be there in the 3rd.

But this much I know.
The Saints have visited and visited and visited him more then any other team.

He says San Fran is the 2nd most interested team in him but the Saints by far has shown the most interest and its not close.

Collins will be Metaire again tomorrow for more workouts and interviews.

This is the 3rd face to face meeting in the last month.
Why must I always hear SF's name this offseason.

Interesting info for sure, but I haven't seen anything that states he will definitely will be a 2nd round pick. PFW has him as a 4th-5th round pick, Rob Rang at CBS Sports has him as a 2nd-3rd round pick. I wouldn't get too worked up that we HAVE TO HAVE a 2nd round pick to draft him.

And Mike Mayock has him as the 2nd best 3-4 OLB in the draft, ahead of Mingo. I wouldn't mind taking him in the first, especially if we dropped back. Kid is a major talent that would make our team better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom