A good persepctive of our universe... (1 Viewer)

Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse!

beetlejuice_closeup.jpg

You can throw religion in all you want, but when you think of how big the universe is, I dont see how anyone can think we are the only intelligent life forms in it.

IMO the size of Betelgeuse has no bearing on how significant we are. :)

I agree. I'm not sure why size has any significance in how important we may or may not be. It seems to me that "importance" is really more about our own or another's perception rather than any real statement about the nature of the universe.

You can throw religion in all you want, but when you think of how big the universe is, I dont see how anyone can think we are the only intelligent life forms in it.

True. Seems like a wasted effort to create the Universe and all the bazillions of galaxies and the bazillions of solar systems contained in each and every galaxy to only have one spec have the only intelligent life on it.

But if you believe in God, then you also believe in another life form already. :scratch:

Joe

Last edited:

God could have created other intelligent life. They're just all going to hell until we can get missionaries out to them to share the Good News.

It's pretty ridiculous to assume that anything with the size and the wonder of the universe and the things in it just happened by chance and that there is no higher power at work.

Why? Personally, I find it much more ridiculous to postulate that it exists because some god made it poof into existence. We have never seen anything poof into existence. On the other hand, we can test and duplicate all of the processes necessary to show how "randomness" can result in this universe. Beyond that, we already know that matter can neither be created or destroyed.

I'm not talking about religion -- I'm talking about the things that science can't explain away.

Science doesn't "explain away" things. Science attempts to find real explanations for things. Anyway, what things do you think science tries to "explain away"?

Where did the material for the Big Bang come from?
On the other hand, where did God come from? (and don't say Kennabrah!!)

Where did the material for the Big Bang come from?

It's always existed, it just changes forms. We already know that matter can neither be created or destroyed. You can change the form of matter, but you can't get rid of it. So, it has to have always existed in one form or another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom