A good quote from Armstead (1 Viewer)

fdl16

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Nick Underhill article

“It’s doing a lot better. It’s strong. I feel like it has the muscle endurance in it to last and not rip on me. It will be a challenge for sure. This is the best I’ve felt since the initial injury.”
Whatever he's able to contribute this postseason, I will take this as a promising sign for now.

jbourque

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
@ jbourque

You know muscle rips are not that uncommon.
"Strain: Muscle or tendon injury. A strain is the overstretching or tearing of a muscle or tendon, which are the fibers that connect the muscles to the bones. ... Muscle spasms, weakness, cramping and immobility, as well as pain, bruising and swelling are symptomatic of a strain. Like sprains, strains vary in severity."

The strain I feared he had was a grade 3 which does require surgery. When people were saying he wouldn't play again this season thats the grade strain I thought Armstead had. Obviously not.
Thanks. I was confused from the original post.

Hotdog_Skin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I need him to block Randy Gregory not Brandon Graham. Sit Armstead this week and see if you wanna use him for the NFC Championship game or Super Bowl. I will say this again, he has one more game left, choose it wisely.

Yeah, I agree. Now everyone will tell you “it’s the playoffs, can’t hold anything back.” But I say have Bushrod start if he can, and only put Armstead in if we’re losing or if Brees is getting lit up.

I know we have to focus solely on winning the upcoming game, but Armstead makes our offense elite and we could try testing the waters in the first half of the Eagles game to see if we can sneak by them without him.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Slippery slope......do you hold him out to let him keep healing. and regret it later if you don't win? Do you play him this game and he reinjures it and you regret that next game? I personally think you have to play him because in either scenario you're without him but if you lose the rest didn't matter. The only thing we can do is pray he makes it through them 1 game at a time.

GeneHansen

Veteran
Reaction score
But I say have Bushrod start if he can, and only put Armstead in if we’re losing or if Brees is getting lit up.
What if Brees gets lit up on the 2nd play of the game and gets knocked out?

You can’t assume that he’ll hang in there like an old prize fighter and we’ll have the opportunity to determine that he’s taking to many licks and we need to get TA in. He could get KO in the first round if we don’t protect him.

Hotdog_Skin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What if Brees gets lit up on the 2nd play of the game and gets knocked out?

You can’t assume that he’ll hang in there like an old prize fighter and we’ll have the opportunity to determine that he’s taking to many licks and we need to get TA in. He could get KO in the first round if we don’t protect him.
True, but we could also be pushing Armstead back into action too fast and on a single bad rep, that same scenario happens.

It’s a risk either way.

GeneHansen

Veteran
Reaction score
True, but we could also be pushing Armstead back into action too fast and on a single bad rep, that same scenario happens.

It’s a risk either way.
I don’t get the impression we’re pushing him back too fast, though. He play over too weeks ago vs Pitt. Sure, he tweaked it and didn’t finish but he’s been resting it, and considering he’s saying it’s feels better right now than at any other point since the injury, let’s assume he didn’t suffer a set back.

If that’s the case, if right now he’s healthier than when we played Pitt, it’s hard to imagine he won’t play.

jayhawk66

The Alaskan WhoDat
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
At this rate, I do not think there's a chance that if he can physically play, he will sit on Sunday. We've basically just started a new 3-game season and he's gonna want to play it as long as he can from start to finish. If that means he may not make it through all 3, so be it. You can't convince a guy when the games are now "one and done" to sit and be happy about it.

BigSlick

Unit 3000-21 is warming.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't it seem like Armstead was always the one out in space leading the way for those insane Kamara screen plays earlier in the season? If TA can go, it'll be huge. There's nothing wrong with his legs and eyes, and I would seriously take a one-armed elite LT all day. The offense looks so much different when he's in there. It sounds like Terron wants to go this weekend man!

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Doesn't it seem like Armstead was always the one out in space leading the way for those insane Kamara screen plays earlier in the season? If TA can go, it'll be huge. There's nothing wrong with his legs and eyes, and I would seriously take a one-armed elite LT all day. The offense looks so much different when he's in there. It sounds like Terron wants to go this weekend man!
Fully agree that we have a Ferrari offense when TA is playing. We can attain high speeds without him, but we struggle to sustain/maintain those speeds without him imo.
TA=Ferrari offense
Without TA= Rice burner with some nitrous.

SaintSeb

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Fully agree that we have a Ferrari offense when TA is playing. We can attain high speeds without him, but we struggle to sustain/maintain those speeds without him imo.
TA=Ferrari offense
Without TA= Rice burner with some nitrous.
More than you can afford pal, Ferrari

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't imagine nonchalantly discussing whether or not body parts will rip on me.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I completely disagree with resting him another week. I think some folks are taking a very hot eagles team for granted. If he can play, he can play...and should play against the eagles...playoffs are sudden death last I checked. The only scenario i can see resting him is if we (god willing) build a huge lead...

socbe7

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I need him to block Randy Gregory not Brandon Graham. Sit Armstead this week and see if you wanna use him for the NFC Championship game or Super Bowl. I will say this again, he has one more game left, choose it wisely.
When I was 10 my mom got me a beautiful pair of Tarheel blue Jordans. We didn't have a ton of money growing up, so this was special. I loved them so much I didn't want to ruin them. I kept them in their box. I'm sure you know how this story ends. TA will start on Sunday. Let's just hope he's able to finish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)