A good quote from Armstead (1 Viewer)

I need him to block Randy Gregory not Brandon Graham. Sit Armstead this week and see if you wanna use him for the NFC Championship game or Super Bowl. I will say this again, he has one more game left, choose it wisely.

I hope we are both wrong but I feel the same. One game left out of hopefully 3 we have left.

@ jbourque

You know muscle rips are not that uncommon.
"Strain: Muscle or tendon injury. A strain is the overstretching or tearing of a muscle or tendon, which are the fibers that connect the muscles to the bones. ... Muscle spasms, weakness, cramping and immobility, as well as pain, bruising and swelling are symptomatic of a strain. Like sprains, strains vary in severity."

The strain I feared he had was a grade 3 which does require surgery. When people were saying he wouldn't play again this season thats the grade strain I thought Armstead had. Obviously not.

Thanks. I was confused from the original post.

I need him to block Randy Gregory not Brandon Graham. Sit Armstead this week and see if you wanna use him for the NFC Championship game or Super Bowl. I will say this again, he has one more game left, choose it wisely.

Yeah, I agree. Now everyone will tell you “it’s the playoffs, can’t hold anything back.” But I say have Bushrod start if he can, and only put Armstead in if we’re losing or if Brees is getting lit up.

I know we have to focus solely on winning the upcoming game, but Armstead makes our offense elite and we could try testing the waters in the first half of the Eagles game to see if we can sneak by them without him.

Slippery slope......do you hold him out to let him keep healing. and regret it later if you don't win? Do you play him this game and he reinjures it and you regret that next game? I personally think you have to play him because in either scenario you're without him but if you lose the rest didn't matter. The only thing we can do is pray he makes it through them 1 game at a time.

But I say have Bushrod start if he can, and only put Armstead in if we’re losing or if Brees is getting lit up.

What if Brees gets lit up on the 2nd play of the game and gets knocked out?

You can’t assume that he’ll hang in there like an old prize fighter and we’ll have the opportunity to determine that he’s taking to many licks and we need to get TA in. He could get KO in the first round if we don’t protect him.

What if Brees gets lit up on the 2nd play of the game and gets knocked out?

You can’t assume that he’ll hang in there like an old prize fighter and we’ll have the opportunity to determine that he’s taking to many licks and we need to get TA in. He could get KO in the first round if we don’t protect him.

True, but we could also be pushing Armstead back into action too fast and on a single bad rep, that same scenario happens.

It’s a risk either way.

True, but we could also be pushing Armstead back into action too fast and on a single bad rep, that same scenario happens.

It’s a risk either way.
I don’t get the impression we’re pushing him back too fast, though. He play over too weeks ago vs Pitt. Sure, he tweaked it and didn’t finish but he’s been resting it, and considering he’s saying it’s feels better right now than at any other point since the injury, let’s assume he didn’t suffer a set back.

If that’s the case, if right now he’s healthier than when we played Pitt, it’s hard to imagine he won’t play.

At this rate, I do not think there's a chance that if he can physically play, he will sit on Sunday. We've basically just started a new 3-game season and he's gonna want to play it as long as he can from start to finish. If that means he may not make it through all 3, so be it. You can't convince a guy when the games are now "one and done" to sit and be happy about it.

Doesn't it seem like Armstead was always the one out in space leading the way for those insane Kamara screen plays earlier in the season? If TA can go, it'll be huge. There's nothing wrong with his legs and eyes, and I would seriously take a one-armed elite LT all day. The offense looks so much different when he's in there. It sounds like Terron wants to go this weekend man!

Doesn't it seem like Armstead was always the one out in space leading the way for those insane Kamara screen plays earlier in the season? If TA can go, it'll be huge. There's nothing wrong with his legs and eyes, and I would seriously take a one-armed elite LT all day. The offense looks so much different when he's in there. It sounds like Terron wants to go this weekend man!

Fully agree that we have a Ferrari offense when TA is playing. We can attain high speeds without him, but we struggle to sustain/maintain those speeds without him imo.
TA=Ferrari offense
Without TA= Rice burner with some nitrous.

Fully agree that we have a Ferrari offense when TA is playing. We can attain high speeds without him, but we struggle to sustain/maintain those speeds without him imo.
TA=Ferrari offense
Without TA= Rice burner with some nitrous.

More than you can afford pal, Ferrari

I can't imagine nonchalantly discussing whether or not body parts will rip on me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom