A grandmother kicked out of hotel for bad online review (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Literally, if you don’t like it you can GTFO

and i guess the lesson here is wait until after your stay to post a bad review
=====================================

HELEN, Ga. (WXIA) - A Georgia grandmother and her 6-year-old granddaughter were kicked out of their hotel room in the middle of the night after providing a three-star review, out of five, of the business.

Susan Leger, 63, and her 6-year-old granddaughter were ready for bed on the first night of what was supposed to be a three-night stay in September at the Baymont Inn & Suites in the resort town of Helen, Georgia.

At 8:40 p.m., her cell phone rang. It was the hotel manager, Danny Vyas, saying he had called police and they had to leave the room.

“The man is screaming at me. He was saying, ‘You get out now. I call the police,’” Leger said. “My granddaughter’s like clinging to my leg and crying so hard. This was scary. This was just horrifying.”

Vyas called 911 after Leger responded to an email from Hotels.com asking how she was enjoying her room. The grandmother gave the hotel three stars out of five and listed some complaints, writing, “Rundown. Pool’s not open. Toilet doesn’t flush well.”

During the 911 call, Vyas can be heard telling the dispatcher, “We are getting ready to refund because they have reviewed that the room is dirty and the place is rundown.”

“He was basically saying, ‘You get out… You lie. You gave me bad review.’ And I’m just sitting there going, ‘Oh my gosh, is this a prank call?’” Leger said.

But Leger soon received a knock on her door from an officer with the Helen Police Department. He told her she and her granddaughter had to leave.

“‘They can truly kick me out for giving a review of three out of five?’ And he says, ‘Yes, ma’am. It’s within the law,’” Leger said.

The officer helped Leger and her granddaughter find another room at the nearby Fairfield Hotel. The two had to walk down the street in their pajamas to the other hotel.

The police report listed the reason Vyas wanted the two out as “Leger had given the motel a bad review.”

But Vyas denies that was his reason.

“At the end of the 911 call, I said she’s not happy with the room. That’s why we had to let her go. She can find a better place,” he said……..

From article

yet again media attention/pressure only thing that gets results
=================

“They couldn’t give me a refund, but they offered me some coupon towards a future thing. It’s like, ‘Forget it,’” Leger said.

However, when WXIA contacted Hotels.com for comment on the story, the booking site provided Leger with a full refund, two months after the incident…..

Last edited:
Let's see how the parent company, Wyndham, reacts to the negative media coverage.

Where do you get your news Optimus? I nominate you for best EE poster.

AP News has a section called oddities, a lot come from there

Also just random stories that pop up on my feed

I wonder if there's more to this story being left out - something that would have made kicking her out more understandable (curse filled screaming at staff, physically assaulting a guest, etc.)

But it very possible that there isn't

This reminded me of one of the most bizarre stories I’ve ever heard. A young guy, working as a carpenter, living with and working with his dad, who was also a carpenter, asked for some time off work.

Every single day for months he locked the door to his bedroom and worked on a mysterious carpentry project. He kept telling his dad it was a secret.

He built an extra closet sized room in a portion of his bedroom. Inside that he built a GUILLOTINE! He took a bunch of sleeping pills, put the Guillotine on a timer. His dad woke to a massive noise one night and broke in with a sledgehammer.

Very creative and I imagine not very pretty.

Every time I see a guillotine I think of that story.

This reminded me of one of the most bizarre stories I’ve ever heard. A young guy, working as a carpenter, living with and working with his dad, who was also a carpenter, asked for some time off work.

Every single day for months he locked the door to his bedroom and worked on a mysterious carpentry project. He kept telling his dad it was a secret.

He built an extra closet sized room in a portion of his bedroom. Inside that he built a GUILLOTINE! He took a bunch of sleeping pills, put the Guillotine on a timer. His dad woke to a massive noise one night and broke in with a sledgehammer.

Very creative and I imagine not very pretty.

Every time I see a guillotine I think of that story.
Mrballen story

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom