A great offseason outlet for Lafayette residents (1 Viewer)

SimpTown

Dan Mullen 2 Mr.Nutt 0
Reaction score
I had a great experience tonight at Blackham Coliseum supporting the Acadiana Mudbugs. My family and I had a great time throughout (most of which are not huge football fans). The crowd wasn't huge, but the game was great and it was really good to get angry during a football game. I have no idea when the games are, but tickets are 18.00$ a piece. A little high, but like I said before the games are extremely enjoyable. Tonight they played the Austin Turfcats and lost 44-40 in a really nice game that they ended up losing in the end. If you are bored and free on a Monday night I would definatly suggest you going out and seeing them play.

$18 a ticket? For a game in Blackham Coliseum? I'm convinced that high ticket prices helped bring down the IceGators, and no sports team will have lasting success in Lafayette with ticket prices like that.

On the other hand, indoor football is very exciting. I went to one Lafayette Roughnecks game. The team stank, but the game itself was a lot of fun.

Yea the team was just bought by a new owner. I don't know if the prices are going to come down.

I went to the game bc my buddy kicks for the team. I feel bad bad for him bc they play with the lowest roof in the league and fourcade always tells him to kick out of bounds on kick offs and field goals. the crowd doesnt know that or realize how impossible it is to kick in there but i seen him play at the other games and he does very well there. all opposing kickers tell him they are glad they dont play here often. anyway it was fun i got in free bc of him and they lose 50-40

Yea the team was just bought by a new owner. I don't know if the prices are going to come down.
I think the cheapest ticket for the upcoming Icegators season is supposed to be only $10. That certainly seems like inexpensive option for a night out.

I might check out an IceGators game. I used to go pretty regularly to their games at the Dome. Both the Dome and Blackham are within walking distance to my house. This time around they will actually be playing in a barn.

I might check out an IceGators game. I used to go pretty regularly to their games at the Dome. Both the Dome and Blackham are within walking distance to my house. This time around they will actually be playing in a barn.
Do you live near Fatima? mjmlaf, who posted just before you, is a good friend of mine and lives in that area.

if he wants to have more than 500 people at the game i suggest a ten dollar ticket. its the BLACKHAM! not the cajundome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom