A Great What If Question... (1 Viewer)

What if the Cowboys had agreed to trade Tony Romo to the Saints when Payton was hired?

Under Parcells from 2003-05, Sean Payton was the Cowboys’ quarterbacks coach and then their passing game coordinator. Like Payton, Romo had played quarterback at Eastern Illinois, and Payton helped persuade Romo to sign with the Cowboys after he went undrafted in 2003, despite some heavy competition.

Payton was hired as the head coach of the New Orleans Saints in 2006. During the offseason, Payton offered a third-round draft pick for Romo, which would have been a pretty good return for Dallas then. At that point, Romo was still Drew Bledsoe’s backup and had yet to throw a pass in the NFL.

SBNation

What if I would have hit the Mega-Millions jackpot in 2006, and came into a $100+ windfall?

Would I care at all about the Saints? Would I even be thinking about this right now?

Maybe... but I wouldn’t have posted this message 🤔

What if that asteroid doesn't land off the coast of the Yucatán Peninsula?
The dinosaurs probably still die off as most biologists, geologists, archaeologists, paleontologists have found the climate 65 million years ago was changing rapidly and most dinosaurs species were beginning to die off anyway the K-T boundary explosion where the asteroid landed just rapidly accelerated the process much faster due to severe climate change, rapid drops.in global temperatures for decades that kills vegetation, trees, once-entirely lush climates and regions.

The dinosaurs probably still die off as most biologists, geologists, archaeologists, paleontologists have found the climate 65 million years ago was changing rapidly and most dinosaurs species were beginning to die off anyway the K-T boundary explosion where the asteroid landed just rapidly accelerated the process much faster due to severe climate change, rapid drops.in global temperatures for decades that kills vegetation, trees, once-entirely lush climates and regions.
And the rapid change facilitated much of the fossilization of the remains. Had the climate changed slowly, most of the bodies would have decayed or been eaten by scavengers. Then we would know even less of the distant past.

And without that evidence of creatures before man, how strong would the zealots hold be? Would we still be in the dark ages?

What if the Saints had moved to San Antonio, would you still be a fan? Would there even be a Saints Report?

A lot of “IFs” in that statement.

Anyone could argue this pick would of been better than that pick years after seeing all these players in action; nobody knows how player A would of resulted in team A system.

I am a fan of NEVER trading up, I don’t value any 1 player more important in the draft. I am a firm believer that you build your team long term by the draft. The balancing of Superstars, Stars and Role players are essential in success of any franchise (NFL / NBA / etc).

One could make the argument that there is a “generational talent” that you can’t pass up and it does make trading up worth it. These thoughts are used every year on somebody, yet you might have a handful of current players that fit this description. Long term it creates financial issues that you have to find ways to keep pushing the buck down the block, eventually you will have to pay the piper.

Stick to the plan, build a solid team

And the rapid change facilitated much of the fossilization of the remains. Had the climate changed slowly, most of the bodies would have decayed or been eaten by scavengers. Then we would know even less of the distant past.

And without that evidence of creatures before man, how strong would the zealots hold be? Would we still be in the dark ages?

Besides extinct dinosaurs, there are other Paleolithic or Neolithic large, migrating species like sloths, wooly mammoths, saber-tooth tigers, or dire wolves that existed alongside Neolithic hunter-gatherers, but those societies werent small, sedentary agrarian communities that later grew into highly distinct cultures, civilizations with different systems, nationalities or kingdoms. They werent concentrating on building cities, kingdoms, establishing distinctly various communities throughout Fertile Crescent, Near East, ancient Egypt, and later Asia Minor or devising an elaborate form of writing, or communicating or speaking in different languages other then just cave paintings, or murals. They give us a strong, very vivid visually stunning displays of designs, beauty, form, technique, but their not a written, documented language with words that give us a basic introduction into how Neanderthals, Cro-Magnums themselves thought of the animals, environment surrounding them at the time, the brutal, often violent struggles just to stay alive day-to-day was more important to them.

Besides extinct dinosaurs, there are other Paleolithic or Neolithic large, migrating species like sloths, wooly mammoths, saber-tooth tigers, or dire wolves that existed alongside Neolithic hunter-gatherers, but those societies werent small, sedentary agrarian communities that later grew into highly distinct cultures, civilizations with different systems, nationalities or kingdoms. They werent concentrating on building cities, kingdoms, establishing distinctly various communities throughout Fertile Crescent, Near East, ancient Egypt, and later Asia Minor or devising an elaborate form of writing, or communicating or speaking in different languages other then just cave paintings, or murals. They give us a strong, very vivid visually stunning displays of designs, beauty, form, technique, but their not a written, documented language with words that give us a basic introduction into how Neanderthals, Cro-Magnums themselves thought of the animals, environment surrounding them at the time, the brutal, often violent struggles just to stay alive day-to-day was more important to them.

This is not a reply I would have expected on Saints Report early on a Saturday morning in the off-season. 😜

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom