A Helping Hand (kind word/pick me up) For BDM. (1 Viewer)

BLUE_DOG_MAN

KCCO
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, as many of you here know, I am a professional firefighter paramedic in VA. A week ago today, I got injured on the job and am still out. Its driving me nuts and I am starting to go crazy being trapped indoors all day. I have been having some time when I feel up to getting around and signing on to sr.com, just to get my fix.

Today I am having a rough time with everything and knew that if I put this out there to my second family here that you guys would be able to cheer me up. Im sorry for being such a downer but Im an active guy who isnt used to this stuff and its depressing the hell out of me. BDM

We're here for you, BDM. I remember about 15 years ago I was confined to strict bed rest with a DVT in my left leg. After about two days I was going nuts, since I was feeling fine but I couldn't even get up to get myself something to drink.; I was limited to bed and bathroom for almost two weeks. I feel your frustration...I don't want to sound glib and say "this is only temporary; yada yada". It's NOT easy being stuck inside or in bed when you're not used to it. Check in here as much as you can, and we'll try to keep you entertained....

I recommend the "anyone else thoroughly embarrass themselves lately?" or the "things that annoy the crap out of you" threads at the EE forum...:) Both make for some amusing reading...:hihi:

Hope you're recovering well...and again, we're here for you!

We're here for you, BDM. I remember about 15 years ago I was confined to strict bed rest with a DVT in my left leg. After about two days I was going nuts, since I was feeling fine but I couldn't even get up to get myself something to drink.; I was limited to bed and bathroom for almost two weeks. I feel your frustration...I don't want to sound glib and say "this is only temporary; yada yada". It's NOT easy being stuck inside or in bed when you're not used to it. Check in here as much as you can, and we'll try to keep you entertained....

I recommend the "anyone else thoroughly embarrass themselves lately?" or the "things that annoy the crap out of you" threads at the EE forum...:) Both make for some amusing reading...:hihi:

Hope you're recovering well...and again, we're here for you!

Don't forget the Diaper thread either :) :plus-un2:

rub some dirt on it....It will heal- Coach Byron - OP Walker- 1987

get well man.

I Could try to give you a priceless pep talk like Peyton Manning......

"So you're down on the job, huh? Bummer. I know what it's like to be down on.......well, no, actually I don't. I've never missed a game in my career. But, tell ya what you should do. Get yourself one of those fruity drinks that comes in an actual coconut shell and has one of those little umbrellas in it. Then, just pretend you're on a tropical beach somewhere until the boredom goes away. If not that, maybe get yourself some new double stuff oreos and a big glass of cold milk, I hear that's great. Yeah, that should do the trick."

This has been another Priceless Pep Talk from Peyton Manning.

For the job you do and the risks you take day in day out.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

At least now you can get started on that Saints mock draft you've been putting off :9:

I feel your pain man, when i double fractured my ankle I was laid up a year inside. It'll pass man, and the reward is sweet at the end, I never appreciated outside until then.

What's the difference between a professional firefighter paramedic and an amateur firefighter paramedic?

Do they mess up CPR by blowing into the person's bellybutton?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom