A Honest Look At Haslett/Brooks (‘00-‘04) (2 Viewers)

yup I appreciate that but it doesn’t matter how you try or what if it he was 3-3. Won one playoff game and couldn’t even get the team to the post season once with him as the quarterback for a full season
Still accomplished more with a worse team than Hebert.

Brooks did accomplish more if you are judging it by the one playoff game.

However, Brooks one playoff game. Hebert three playoff appearances. Brooks zero league championships. Hebert MVP and champion of USFL where he defeated Mora. I suppose you could discredit the USFL but you would then be discrediting Sam Mills, Vaughn Johnson

Hebert 12-4, 10-6, 11-5, records
Brooks 9-7 was his best

1987- whole team did not show up.
1991-Michael Haynes burned the Saints bigtime
1992- I agree Hebert choked

I don’t know how you guys get so heated over history. I look at it a bit differently in the luxury of hindsight. What if either Haz or Brooks had gotten canned even one year earlier? Would Drew have happened? Sean almost certainly would not have. When it’s part of history, it’s part of where we are now - which is a place I like.

You can read, right? My point wasn't Hebert...
You said Hebert was better than Brooks. By what measure? What did Hebert accomplish as a Saints QB that makes him so much better than Brooks? Wasting the talents of one of the best defenses of all time? If that's your measure, then yes, Hebert is better.

I don’t know how you guys get so heated over history. I look at it a bit differently in the luxury of hindsight. What if either Haz or Brooks had gotten canned even one year earlier? Would Drew have happened? Sean almost certainly would not have. When it’s part of history, it’s part of where we are now - which is a place I like.
It’s almost like the butterfly effect. The worst seasons, in any sport, sometimes yield a championship.

Brooks did accomplish more if you are judging it by the one playoff game.

However, Brooks one playoff game. Hebert three playoff appearances. Brooks zero league championships. Hebert MVP and champion of USFL where he defeated Mora. I suppose you could discredit the USFL but you would then be discrediting Sam Mills, Vaughn Johnson

Hebert 12-4, 10-6, 11-5, records
Brooks 9-7 was his best

1987- whole team did not show up.
1991-Michael Haynes burned the Saints bigtime
1992- I agree Hebert choked
Really gonna bring up W-L records when one had the Dome Patrol and the other had Sammy Knight, Fred Thomas, and a good D-line but linebackers who couldn't find their arse with both hands and a map? But hey, at least Hebert was the king of the regular season and then fell apart in the playoffs, right?

Yall forget every year Brooks was a Pro Bowl Alternate player he was top 5 In QB stats each year he was under center. He never made the jump because of coaching I always said if his last 2 years with the team he was coached by Payton Idk if Brees becomes a HOF player

finding highlights were tough..I was looking for his TD against the 49ers where he had like 100yards rushing and a crazy scramble TD throw.. was AB the best? no but seeing Winston in a "2" Jersey made me think about Brooks also

Jeff Blake was better than Brooks
Pocket passer versus great athlete. Brooks gave us more with his time here, though. The debate never ends.

The Jim Haslett era ended when Kyle Turdley pulled a helmet off the opposing teams' player and threw it. Everything fell apart after that game.
I actually liked that incident. If someone had done to Drew or Jameis what that defender did to Aaron, I would expect a bench clearing brawl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom