A HUGE Thank You to Bill Parcells!!! (1 Viewer)

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thank You Mr. Parcells for telling Sean Payton no to the trade offer he made to you for Tony Romo. If you would have said yes, we would be watching Romo consistently throw passes directly to the other team and MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE WOULD NOT HAVE DREW BREES!!!

OH, and thanks again for not trading him at all, so living here in Dallas, I can listen to the Cowboy fans cry and I can enjoy watching Romo throw passes directly to the other team.

Thank You Sir!
MC

Last edited:

HOF_Smeenge

NFL Juggernaut
Reaction score
Well, in Payton's defense, I'm sure if he had acquired Romo, he would have coached him up to a better level than he is right now, but I'm very happy it didn't work out.

gotabyte

Saints Pyro Guy
Reaction score
Romo misses open receivers. Drew threads the needle to complete a pass to a well-covered receiver. The stars definitely aligned for the Saints in getting Drew.

OP
mc4saints

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, in Payton's defense, I'm sure if he had acquired Romo, he would have coached him up to a better level than he is right now, but I'm very happy it didn't work out.

You are correct. He is getting "coached up" now by Captain Kangaroo...errr..I mean Wade Phillips.

Paul

Professional
Reaction score

I agree with this post - I think it would be working out better for him under Payton, but I wouldn't trade Brees for anything.
As much as people hate the Cowboys, Romo is not a terrible QB, IMO.

Ltr0x

Very Banned
Reaction score

yes .. tomo would be a much better QB ... he is not that bad ... its all about the system ...

GeauxldenBoy

Reaction score
Thank You Mr. Parcells for telling Sean Payton no to the trade offer he made to you for Tony Romo. If you would have said yes, we would be watching Romo consistently throw passes directly to the other team and MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE WOULD NOT HAVE DREW BREES!!!

OH, and thanks again for not trading him at all, so living here in Dallas, I can listen to the Cowboy fans cry and I can enjoy watching Romo throw passes directly to the other team.

Thank You Sir!
MC

Amen!:worthy:

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Parcells did let Payton take Gary Gibbs though.

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If we throwing thanks out, we have to also include Miami and, IIRC, Saban for not believing Brees' shoulder was fixed enough, thus going after Culpepper. LOL

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
As much as I love Brees, I don't think he would do nearly as good without Payton.

Same could be said for Payton, because you can't teach "football smarts" that Drew has.

I think Romo would of done worlds better under Payton.

Speedy Ronzales

Very Banned
Reaction score
Romo misses open receivers. Drew threads the needle to complete a pass to a well-covered receiver. The stars definitely aligned for the Saints in getting Drew.

I cant stop staring at your avatar...who is that?

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
yes, red jesus has failed to live up to the hype

OP
mc4saints

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If we throwing thanks out, we have to also include Miami and, IIRC, Saban for not believing Brees' shoulder was fixed enough, thus going after Culpepper. LOL

I agree, but Parcells saying no set it all in motion because I think that is one of the 1st moves Payton tried to make is to land Romo.

I wonder if Payton says to himself. "Man, I am lucky Parcells said No"!

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You live in DFW?

my girlfriend did for years (family still does) and is a huge cowboys fan. but i love her anyway

she respects the saints and is becoming a fan of the black & gold

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom