A HUGE Thank You to Bill Parcells!!! (1 Viewer)

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thank You Mr. Parcells for telling Sean Payton no to the trade offer he made to you for Tony Romo. If you would have said yes, we would be watching Romo consistently throw passes directly to the other team and MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE WOULD NOT HAVE DREW BREES!!!

OH, and thanks again for not trading him at all, so living here in Dallas, I can listen to the Cowboy fans cry and I can enjoy watching Romo throw passes directly to the other team.

Thank You Sir!
MC

Last edited:
Well, in Payton's defense, I'm sure if he had acquired Romo, he would have coached him up to a better level than he is right now, but I'm very happy it didn't work out.

Romo misses open receivers. Drew threads the needle to complete a pass to a well-covered receiver. The stars definitely aligned for the Saints in getting Drew.

Well, in Payton's defense, I'm sure if he had acquired Romo, he would have coached him up to a better level than he is right now, but I'm very happy it didn't work out.

You are correct. He is getting "coached up" now by Captain Kangaroo...errr..I mean Wade Phillips.

I agree with this post - I think it would be working out better for him under Payton, but I wouldn't trade Brees for anything.
As much as people hate the Cowboys, Romo is not a terrible QB, IMO.

yes .. tomo would be a much better QB ... he is not that bad ... its all about the system ...

Thank You Mr. Parcells for telling Sean Payton no to the trade offer he made to you for Tony Romo. If you would have said yes, we would be watching Romo consistently throw passes directly to the other team and MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE WOULD NOT HAVE DREW BREES!!!

OH, and thanks again for not trading him at all, so living here in Dallas, I can listen to the Cowboy fans cry and I can enjoy watching Romo throw passes directly to the other team.

Thank You Sir!
MC

Amen!:worthy:

Parcells did let Payton take Gary Gibbs though.

If we throwing thanks out, we have to also include Miami and, IIRC, Saban for not believing Brees' shoulder was fixed enough, thus going after Culpepper. LOL

As much as I love Brees, I don't think he would do nearly as good without Payton.

Same could be said for Payton, because you can't teach "football smarts" that Drew has.

I think Romo would of done worlds better under Payton.

Romo misses open receivers. Drew threads the needle to complete a pass to a well-covered receiver. The stars definitely aligned for the Saints in getting Drew.

I cant stop staring at your avatar...who is that?

yes, red jesus has failed to live up to the hype

If we throwing thanks out, we have to also include Miami and, IIRC, Saban for not believing Brees' shoulder was fixed enough, thus going after Culpepper. LOL

I agree, but Parcells saying no set it all in motion because I think that is one of the 1st moves Payton tried to make is to land Romo.

I wonder if Payton says to himself. "Man, I am lucky Parcells said No"!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom