A.J. Epenesa (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If Queen or Murray isn't available at 24, I wouldn't mind having another quality DE on the roster.

Both of these guys are solid choices IMO.

If Queen or Murray isn't available at 24, I wouldn't mind having another quality DE on the roster.

Both of these guys are solid choices IMO.

Just based on what I have heard, I would be really surprised. Anything is possible but I just think they’ll lean in another direction. I think they are other players they love.

I wouldn't hurt to have another young DE to go along with Davenport, Onyamatta, and Rankins.

Epenesa is one of the best players in this draft, and a guy I would rank inside the top 12 or so prospects in the entire class. He’s a little bit of an odd fit with the Saints defensive line right now, but he’s a player that I really love. He’s a guy that could possibly be there and probably would be BPA if you’re just looking for best overall player and not basing off of scheme fit. I just don’t see him being the pick.

Epenesa is one of the best players in this draft, and a guy I would rank inside the top 12 or so prospects in the entire class. He’s a little bit of an odd fit with the Saints defensive line right now, but he’s a player that I really love. He’s a guy that could possibly be there and probably would be BPA if you’re just looking for best overall player and not basing off of scheme fit. I just don’t see him being the pick.

Well the Saints always Draft BPA, so if they don't trade up and he's their BPA at 24, then they are going to take him.

Its the way they have worked the draft since 2015 when Ireland came aboard and I would argue they have had the most success out of any team in the draft since 2015.

I really like Epenesa’s game. His combine numbers were pedestrian but watch the tape. He’s going to be a solid pro for years. Could be BPA at 24 most definitely

I wouldnt mind going with Epenesa or Gross-Matos. Both can play all over the DLine so they will get plenty of playing time.

Well the Saints always Draft BPA, so if they don't trade up and he's their BPA at 24, then they are going to take him.

Its the way they have worked the draft since 2015 when Ireland came aboard and I would argue they have had the most success out of any team in the draft since 2015.

That's seems like a ridiculous statement to make if you are not personally in charge of the Saints draft. Clearly they aren't always drafting the best player available (see Stanley Jean Baptiste). Also, even in the cases where it did work (Michael Thomas, Alvin Kamara) How do you know for certain that they thought they were drafting BPA, they may have (mistakenly) thought another player was better than Michael Thomas, but went with the MT pick because based on their situation they believed him to be a better pick than someone they believed to be a better player.

Epenesa is easily in line as one of the top BPAs at 24. Would not be mad at all of he was our pick.

Epenesa is not sexy...but he's a good football player. Gross-Matos is also a very good prospect. They are very different players. Epenesa is very polished, has great burst, and knows how to use his hands. Gross-Matos, I'd say is closer to Davenport...he's long, great athlete, but doesn't really know how to use his hands well at this point.

Would the Saints be willing to admit that Davenport was a mistake this early?

Solid long term NFL player. He is a football player. Not a combine guy. All anyone needs to do, is look at his game film. Game after game, play after play, his motor and his on field play, says it all. Tough and dependable. Woild be a leader on the field and off the field, i think he would be the heir to Cam in about 4 years. He would play immediately and rotate with Cam, Hendrickson and Davenport. Can never have enough dlinemen. Especially now in the NFL, with the uptempo schemes.

Well, i can tell you with the highest authority that i've taken him @ #24 about thirteen times or so in the two dozen plus mock drafts that I have attempted . Do what you will with that little gold nugget of wisdom. You're welcome.. my job is done here. :winkthumb:

:sir-saint:

Epenesa is not sexy...but he's a good football player. Gross-Matos is also a very good prospect. They are very different players. Epenesa is very polished, has great burst, and knows how to use his hands. Gross-Matos, I'd say is closer to Davenport...he's long, great athlete, but doesn't really know how to use his hands well at this point.

If the cards fall this way, I'd say yes. I would prefer Z. Braun over these 2 if still on the board w/ KM & PQ gone, imo.

Would they really be admitting that by taking a DE early? They’ve been building the trenches on both sides of the ball. They could just be trying to keep a line stocked with talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom