A League of Their Own (1 Viewer)

A League of Their Own: Sports Movie or Chick Flick?

• Sports Movie

Votes: 89 60.5%
  • Chick Flick

Votes: 58 39.5%

• Total voters
never saw it.

but if any movie ever seamlessly straddled the line between chick flick and sports movie, it's Jerry Maguire.

A League of Their Own is a sports moive just as much as Major League and Tin Cup are sports movies. If not for A League of Thier Own I would not even know the women's league existed. The main theme is sports and playing sports and Dottie's life is the backdrop for that story. Sports movie for sure.

Jerry Maguire is a chick-flick which has sports as it's backdrop. The movie itself is not so much about sports as it is about building a fledging business and hooking up with your employee. Chick-Flick for sure.

P.S. There is no way she dropped the ball on purpose. If she wanted Kit to win so bad she would not even have shown back up once her husband came home.

I always enjoyed "A League of Their Moans"....now that was a chick flick!

since we are bring back old movie threads today

Definitely a sports movie, you can argue that it has significant symptoms of a chick flick but they show more actual sports than a lot of so-called sports movies do.

Plus it's hilarious, I've seen it loads of times and it's just as comical every time.

The ending did piss me off though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IgAsNtmlQJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I mentioned this scene earlier (4 years ago) but didn't post it. I still can't watch it without laughing. The pure joy he gets out of nailing the kid with the glove is amazing.

Really!? Three and a half years, and no one's complained about the lack of a taco option?

This is the quintessential "taco option" thread!

back in honor of Penny Marshall

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom