A little history for proper perspective on kneeling during the National Anthem. (1 Viewer)

Off the top of my head, it should never be used for a plate, napkin, or clothing. Beer cans are right out.

I'd have to go back and read it again to come up with more, but every fourth of July the flag is disrespected more than appreciated by the code.
Okay, gotcha. Well, I don't know anyone who uses the image except as a flag or flag pin.

i think a lot of people violate this

§ 6. Time and occasions for display
(a) It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flag staffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

(b) The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.

(c) The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all weather flag is displayed.

Former Broncos offensive lineman Mark Schlereth posted this on Twitter. "Let me get this straight… A black man kneeling in peaceful protest during the anthem is disrespect to the flag & some fans will boycott the NFL, but buying beer or not removing your hat or 80,000 people screaming the home of the Chiefs during the anthem is just fine. "

I stand at USM home football games and render the proper hand salute because I’m retired military. Lots of people around me will try to correct me (loudly) because I don’t have my hand over my heart. I gave up trying to explain what the flag code says about that. The general public doesn’t care what it says.

I think everyone should be free to gesture or refuse to gesture during sporting events (pretty much the only time thousands of people usually do the same thing at once in observance of the anthem).

For some people, the flag represents everything. For some, it means nothing.

Living in a land where the First Amendment is supposed to be structural to our democracy, I'm happy that we can do what we want in regards to symbolism.

I think everyone should be free to gesture or refuse to gesture during sporting events (pretty much the only time thousands of people usually do the same thing at once in observance of the anthem).

For some people, the flag represents everything. For some, it means nothing.

Living in a land where the First Amendment is supposed to be structural to our democracy, I'm happy that we can do what we want in regards to symbolism.

Yep, I stand at attention when I'm at a sporting event, and if someone is kneeling or doing whatever, I'm not gonna let it bother me. I don't get the angst people have over the kneeling. People are gonna do what they do. I'm not interested in living in a world where people aren't free to make their own decisions about what they believe and advocate for.

Yep, I stand at attention when I'm at a sporting event, and if someone is kneeling or doing whatever, I'm not gonna let it bother me. I don't get the angst people have over the kneeling. People are gonna do what they do. I'm not interested in living in a world where people aren't free to make their own decisions about what they believe and advocate for.
This is the kind of country we're supposed to be!

People should be more offended by this guy than anyone kneeling.
and the guy who posted it, his wife is in the picture, and he is always posting about other people disrespecting the flag..
Screenshot_20200705-004356.png

Chis Long puts one hand over his heart and the other on the shoulder of teammate Malcolm Jenkins. We can do our thing and support the right of others to do their thing.

1593951945542.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom