A little history for proper perspective on kneeling during the National Anthem. (1 Viewer)

Politics as usual.

When is everyone going to realize it is not the kneeling but the venue that is being used! NFL is a buisness and players are employees. Do your protesting right elsewhere!!!

When is everyone going to realize it is not the kneeling but the venue that is being used! NFL is a buisness and players are employees. Do your protesting right elsewhere!!!

Nah.

By the time the people protesting do it where a lot of people tell them it's ok to do it, they'll be doing it in their living room. Sorry. That's not what my country was built on.

No. The business aspect of it starts when the ball is kicked off. Players are paid to PLAY the game. Until the game starts, they are on their time. The crowd is under no obligation to watch players or anything that the players are doing prior to the ball being kicked. If the crowd is getting offended by players doing something before the game starts, that's the crowd's problem. They are welcomed to look at something else until the ball is kicked. Real simple; Don't Look!

No. The business aspect of it starts when the ball is kicked off. Players are paid to PLAY the game. Until the game starts, they are on their time. The crowd is under no obligation to watch players or anything that the players are doing prior to the ball being kicked. If the crowd is getting offended by players doing something before the game starts, that's the crowd's problem. They are welcomed to look at something else until the ball is kicked. Real simple; Don't Look!
Wrong these guys are employees 365 days a year.

While I support the protesting, and don't have an issue with the kneeling and/or social activism, I'm not convinced of the legality of doing such before a game. The players are wearing the team uniforms and as such, are subject to the NFL's rules as players in the league.

Now the league can say it's fine for them to do so, but it's within their purview to prohibit such displays as well. Iirc, the CBA does address this, and idk what the current rules are, but i imagine the NFL has a lot of latitude on this.

If the Employer allows it, then they have every right to do it. if you disagree you have 2 options, quit watching or ignore it.
Are you saying NFL doesn't have the right to allow.it.

also, I am an employee 365 days a year, and they don't tell me what to do until I clock in.

People should be more offended by this guy than anyone kneeling.
and the guy who posted it, his wife is in the picture, and he is always posting about other people disrespecting the flag..
Screenshot_20200705-004356.png

She aint got no teefs.

No need to play the national anthem at sporting events. It has nothing to do with playing a game.

If the Employer allows it, then they have every right to do it. if you disagree you have 2 options, quit watching or ignore it.
Are you saying NFL doesn't have the right to allow.it.

also, I am an employee 365 days a year, and they don't tell me what to do until I clock in.

Well, technically, they can tell you what to do before clocking in and after clocking out. It's the reason people who make racist or threatening posts on social media get fired. It's the reason you can't say derogatory things about your employer when you're not working. Not to mention many other conduct limitations employers place on their employees. It's hardly unusual.

Now the NFL may or may not allow it. If they do, works for me. If they don't, I won't be too happy about it, but they certainly can restrict player behavior if they think it's a good idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom