A look at Simoneau compared to all other NFL starting inside linebackers {merged} (1 Viewer)

He had 66 tackles last year... so a Patrick Willis had more in one year did he has in 2...
You're comparing apples and oranges. In our scheme, the defensive line slows them down so our linebackers can redirect them so our secondary can make the tackle. This also explains our perceived flaw in coverage.

It's pretty sad had Roman Harper had more tackles than him. The FO better cop on and find a solution to this problem.

You failed to mention how many snaps per game each MLB plays. If the player is taken out on 3rd downs or other passing downs, his numbers will be down.

Come on: Apples to Apples!!!!!

You failed to mention how many snaps per game each MLB plays. If the player is taken out on 3rd downs or other passing downs, his numbers will be down.

Come on: Apples to Apples!!!!!

He plays mostly on 3rd downs as well. Cause of his "pass coverage" ability on RB's/TE's...I've seen this many times from posters and articles.

To me this is one of the biggest problems facing this team. Our weak play by our MLB causes our SS and backs to feel the need to creep up to help support in the run game and we are out of place to cover for the deep routes/double move routes. We need a bonifide bonecrushing MLB.

want to know how bad simoneau is. if he was so good you would hear his name more. he has a good understanding of the superdome ceiling because he gets blown up on plays.

:rasta: Yes he is. Zach Thomas has almost just as many tackles in just 5 games as him and Shanle.. That is bad 2 me...But I would agree with you he could be a serviceable back up if he were a good ST player but he is not so.... NOT...GO SAINTS....

According to Rotoworld and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, he is probably going to be available:

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel believes the Dolphins will cut MLB Zach Thomas this offseason.

Thomas would seemingly be a nice fit on the inside if the 'Fins go with more of a full fledged 3-4 under Bill Parcells, but The Tuna prefers bigger players and Thomas is only 5'11/228. He'll be a hot commodity if he's released.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/01/bigger-is-bette.html

According to Rotoworld and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, he is probably going to be available:

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel believes the Dolphins will cut MLB Zach Thomas this offseason.

Thomas would seemingly be a nice fit on the inside if the 'Fins go with more of a full fledged 3-4 under Bill Parcells, but The Tuna prefers bigger players and Thomas is only 5'11/228. He'll be a hot commodity if he's released.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/01/bigger-is-bette.html

Zach Thomas is a washed up walking concussion who won't be a "hot commodity" under any definition of the word.

If we're going to address the MLB position, let's actually fix it.

What these stats don't tell you as well is that half of Simonaeu's tackles are pile "jump ons" where somebody has already dragged the guy 1/2 down and Simmy runs in to tackle a guy that's already down.

My favorite stat of Simoneu's is his career turnovers. I think he might have 1 int and "0" fumble recoveries.:eek: I don't remember off-hand, but its terrible.

My favorite stat of Simoneu's is his career turnovers. I think he might have 1 int and "0" fumble recoveries.:eek: I don't remember off-hand, but its terrible.

But he did kick at least one extra point for the Eagles when Akers got hurt in a game. :9:

You're comparing apples and oranges. In our scheme, the defensive line slows them down so our linebackers can redirect them so our secondary can make the tackle. This also explains our perceived flaw in coverage.

Man, if thats the system no wonder our defense sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom