A look at this weeks matchup with the 49ers... (1 Viewer)

I can't wait to watch our offense with Colston back come sunday. We will have a field day on their pass defense.

I think we'll be ok against Gore. We've been decent at stopping the run this year - a few longgg outside runs. I think if we can figure out how to seal those off we'll be more then prepared.

I expect to see a defense close to what we saw in Atlanta. Run blitzes and lots of 8 man fronts. Bottle up the LOS and put lots of pressure on the young QB. Whatever they do, they should not send just the front 4 and allow A Smith to get into a rhythm.

S.F. is an up-and-comer, and if we don't bring our A game, we'll get beat. Sure, it's a no-brainer to say "stop Gore", but that's what everyone says. That's what the Seahawks said 2 weeks ago, and they couldn't do it... Same for the Rams last week.

IMHO, the key to this game either being one that we can win handely, or a tight game right down to the wire, is whether or not we can get an early lead. If we can go up by 10 or 14, or more by halftime, then we'll win going away, but if we let S.F. hang around...

S.F. runs a 3-4 defense, so we may be able to hit them in the middle with Deuce. If we can get Deuce sticking it right up the gut with success, then the rest of our offense will look like butter...

Oh yeah... protect the ball.

Great break-down analysis Frank!

IMHO, on Offense, I'd like to see more of DEUCE in the open field via the short pass into the flats or up the middle too! Anytime we have a chance to get that Steem Roller Rolling, GOOD things happen! The very same holds true for Reggie but with a different flair to it! The angles get different and the speed changes. One key I'd heard from one very asstute observer was, "Reggie needs to burst his speed once at the lane or hole not on his way there! This is a KEY element he is learning and it will pay huge dividends. See Reggie has hit his burners when he gets his hands on the ball, often over-running his blocks. What he SHOULD do is be patient for his blocking to develop (this gives him more time to actually SEE the play and the "flow" of the defense too!) then once his blocks are established, pick his spot and hit those after-burners as he leaves the defenders in his wake!

If this is done, both Reggie and DEUCE will have huge games, take more pressure away from DREW which makes for an even easier passing scheme impact, and then That's All Folks!

!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!

'Again, thanks for brining us up to speed on the 9'er's!

Deuce will be the focus as we move forward, but this is probably the closest thing to homecoming for Reggie all season... sorta. I believe he will be a key. Focus on him too much and Drew and Deuce will hurt you. I worry about our defense but stops on key plays have kept us in some games. Make the plays when it counts most.

Crowd noise could have a major impact on this game. When the 9ers have the ball, go freakin crazy! ...especially if you're in the Dome.

I 'd like to see reggie sent deep more like in the atlanta game where him and brees just missed hooking up. Why not let reggie just outrun the safety/poorlb to the endzone!

Gore sustained an ankle injury at the end of the Lams game. So far he has been listed as probable. Now we must remember the last time the Niners came to town we thought we could run all over them, and they did a pretty good job against us. Saints did come from behind to win that game. I've been able to watch quite a few Niner games and from what i can see is that there D has been to create turnovers so the Saints need to secure the ball.

I 'd like to see reggie sent deep more like in the atlanta game where him and brees just missed hooking up. Why not let reggie just outrun the safety/poorlb to the endzone!

I think that play is one of many that Payton has been saving because we haven't seen it that much. I have a feeling that Payton has quite a few things he still hasn't showed yet.

Crowd noise could have a major impact on this game. When the 9ers have the ball, go freakin crazy! ...especially if you're in the Dome.

Im not one of those guys who goes up & down the aisle scolding everybody who doesnt feel like standing and screaming,

but....

by all means please do everything you can to demoralize the 49ers and encourage the Saints players... (I say we show Fox News in the Saints locker room and CNN in the 49er locker room.) (dont take me too seriously)

These guys are PEOPLE just like you and me. Sure, they can motivate themselves, but if we do our job, they dont have to---they just feel it. We all felt it on Sept 25th.

Dont wait for the fire to start---BE THE ONE who starts it, or at least yell with me when I start it. (mildly directed at section 623--haha) Lets dont let anyone else audible in our house. I say, even some noise on offense. I have yet to see Brees signal the crowd for quiet. If we win the home games, WE'RE IN the playoffs.

Come on, man, how long have you waited for a team like this? Drink your Community Coffee Sunday morning. The Players feel it---they say so all the time. Give it to them!

BEAT----------THOSE-------------9'ERS-------------

Last edited:
I'm not looking forward to this game vs. SF. I've got a bad feeling about Gore gashing us hard. The SF O-line has alot to do with Gore's success. We've got some really good DE's, but the middle of the line will have to play some good game to keep Gore contained.

I'll be in Pucker Factor Twelve the whole game.

GEAUX SAINTS!

Do not get into the trap that this weeks game against SF is a given. SF has one of the best OC's in Norv Turner and he knows how to exploit weaknesses. It is not a coincidence that Sf has just started figuring out their offense.

Look for ALOT of play action pass this game because 1. the saints have a hard time adjusting to this, and 2. SF is a good running team. The saints safety's have to play under control and play the pass first because if they don't SF could run all over the filed and take momentum away from the saints.

Let Gore get his runs but DO NOT let SF become two dimensional on offense!

I think Frisco will double team Colston much of the day if he plays. It's just a case of picking your poison. SF has small DB's if I'm not mistaken. If they decide to go single on the outsides, look for either Horn or Colston to have a big day. If they decide to play zone, look for Bush and Deuce to have a big day. Either way, the key will be consistently and methodically moving the ball on their defense. If we get going with two long substained drives, not only will it demoralize their defense, it will keep their offense from establishing any rhythm as well as taking them away from running the ball which is what they do best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom