A Look Back-2009 Week 7 @ Miami (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can’t believe it’s gonna be a decade since this come from behind victory happened. This was when I thought a Saints Super Bowl run could be possible.
Saints not only won, but came back from a 21 point deficit. It still remains the biggest comeback in franchise history.

Shockey caught EVERYTHING in the 4th! Drew was lighting them up down the middle. :giggle:

Is the game where the replay "miraculously" stopped working when Sean wanted to challenge a call before the half? :rolleyes:

The TD before halftime was the spark.
I was there and basically in the stands lined up with the goal line where Brees went over the top on 4th down. That was the game on the line right there.

Then the huge interception to start the third quarter to quickly get within 7 points.

What a game.

That was the day my life changed. Seriously. I was on my way to my honeymoon in Disney, and my life has been on an upward trajectory ever since.

I was in a bad place before I met my wife. And as that team came back, so have I in this life.

Can’t believe it’s gonna be a decade since this come from behind victory happened. This was when I thought a Saints Super Bowl run could be possible.
Saints not only won, but came back from a 21 point deficit. It still remains the biggest comeback in franchise history.
Nice post. St. Jack... gotta agree wholeheartedly!

The Robert Meachem show vs. the Redskins (with the Unknown WhoDat) has to be an honorable mention! :ezbill:

:gosaints:

Nice post. St. Jack... gotta agree wholeheartedly!

The Robert Meachem show vs. the Redskins (with the Unknown WhoDat) has to be an honorable mention! :ezbill:

:gosaints:

I was at the Redskins Game. The Unknown WhoDat was flailing away very nearby to me. Great game. I gave the fans around me fits. They were asking me if I was "worried" when we were down big late in the game, my comeback of...."No, I'm not worried, I just don't know if we will beat you in regulation or if it will take overtime....". The look on their dejected faces when they left was priceless.

Just re-watched it, crazy how flat we came out and then just flipped the switch and dominated the 2nd half of that game.
Also crazy how feast or famine our defense was that year. Aside from all the turnovers and Pick 6's, the defense wasn't very good.

I'm loving our defense right now and we definitely have the ability to win these type of games (see Redskins game 2017).

I think Cook is the answer, he's the one that's going to keep the offense moving. Hopefully the secondary picks up where they left off last year and we start fast.

Just re-watched it, crazy how flat we came out and then just flipped the switch and dominated the 2nd half of that game.
Also crazy how feast or famine our defense was that year. Aside from all the turnovers and Pick 6's, the defense wasn't very good.

I'm loving our defense right now and we definitely have the ability to win these type of games (see Redskins game 2017).

I think Cook is the answer, he's the one that's going to keep the offense moving. Hopefully the secondary picks up where they left off last year and we start fast.
Spot on about the 2009 defense. Turnovers including pick sixes saved the day. The current version is far more fundamentally sound.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom