A look back at our first Thanksgiving Day game (1 Viewer)

Such a bittersweet memory for my family. I remember that day almost like a movie. So for MANY reasons, I am so glad Saints aren't playing on T-Day. I tend to be glued to the TV for Saints games, and that doesn't make me very fun to be around. Then, if we lose, I'm really not fun to be around. But if we win, then I lose the Sunday anticipation and have to wait around for 10 days for the next game.

I am looking forward to being mildly interested in tomorrow's games but being able to socialize -- distantly -- and then still having the Saints game to look forward to.

Couple things...

It's really painful to watch a game from the recent past with fans, It really reminds you how completely odd and different this 2020 season is right now.

Man, Jimmy Graham was a freak specimen for a few year.

Man, I remember watching this game from a hotel room in Gatlinburg, TN.
I immediately went out on the street after the game looking for fellow Who Dats and beer.

That strip/fumble had me and my wife going nuts haha.

That season had to be one of the most frustrating. We were primed to run it back and had a dominate run defense and yet it ended the way it did. Playing a team we blew out earlier in the season, having to travel to a 7-9 away game after Hartley missed a chip shot that would have won us the division.......

Graham and Ivory going down against the Bucs in the last game, really killed us. We were running out dudes off the street at RB.

A little way into the game now...Good lord Tracy Porter couldn't tackle for anything lol.

Couple things...

It's really painful to watch a game from the recent past with fans, It really reminds you how completely odd and different this 2020 season is right now.

Man, Jimmy Graham was a freak specimen for a few year.

Yeah....the saddest part is, we will more than likely have no one in the stands during playoffs. If we make it to NFC Champ Game, no fans. Super Bowl? No Fans.

If we win the Super Bowl? No parade.
Mardi Gras has already been cancelled....

I was at that game - very unexpectedly. We were visiting my parents who live in Fort Worth, TX. Early on Thanksgiving morning while my wife and mom and some of the other ladies were cooking, my dad walks up to me and my little brother with his signature “up to no good” look, and says, “boys day out”. He then hands my brother and me our tickets for the game and we immediately started high-fiving and my goofy self also lost my appetite. I could never eat before or immediately following a Saints game. Man we had so much fun at that game and even more fun afterwards as we were giving Cowboys fans the business. :hihi:

Awesome memory - thank you for sharing the video.

That game was so over until the miracle strip fumble.

Then Drew does what he does probably better than any other quarterback in NFL history.

Ultimately it was Ferris Buehler's day off that clinched it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom