A look into New Orleans - Forbes (1 Viewer)

tequila

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It's interesting that the article mentions the number of live music venues as an incentive to live here since they're all being shut down. By the time Mitch is done New Orleans will be just like every other crappy city just with more crime.

OP
You

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's interesting that the article mentions the number of live music venues as an incentive to live here since they're all being shut down. By the time Mitch is done New Orleans will be just like every other crappy city just with more crime.
Nah. Its a new day in new orleans. About the only thing that can ruin it is another levee failure or an inability to curb the murder rate.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nah. Its a new day in new orleans. About the only thing that can ruin it is another levee failure or an inability to curb the murder rate.
certainly is.

I remember clearly James Carville, when asked if he would run for Mayor after Nagin term, said "whoever is the next Mayor CANNOT lose in this City" ( With the amount of Federal money flowing in here for University Medical area )

It has spurred much needed development of areas in DIRE need of re-development. I am quite excited to see what this City will look like in 5 years.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
good article
extra thought: i often feel that geography is destiny - you can look at most cities and figure out their growth/character by understanding it's geography

NO has always ebbed and flowed and does not sustain fast growth
what has happened in the past is that there has been renewal and growth, but then that growth tapers and a languor sets in - then the type A people get out b/c the pace slows too much and the rest of us more torpid types are left
will it happen again?

andyb33

SR on the reg
Reaction score
Good article.

I hope there's room for one more person in a couple of years.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
good article
extra thought: i often feel that geography is destiny - you can look at most cities and figure out their growth/character by understanding it's geography

NO has always ebbed and flowed and does not sustain fast growth
what has happened in the past is that there has been renewal and growth, but then that growth tapers and a languor sets in - then the type A people get out b/c the pace slows too much and the rest of us more torpid types are left
will it happen again?
move.

thank you,

Type A citizenry. :ezbill:

tequila

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
ALL of them?
No not all of them. I'm prone to exaggeration during hissy fits. A bunch of them. Is that better? But after looking at the zoning laws that regulate live music it's amazing that we do have any at all.

jasonj

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was just messing with you but the music thing reminds me of all the other things that people complain about in their neighborhoods.

Warehouse dist. residents complaining about a bar that wants to open up;
Uptown people fighting a small, neighborhood bistro from opening;
FQ residents complaining because Bourbon St. is too loud;
People living in the Upper Pontabla apartments complaining about the merchants in Jackson square.

It like there are things that make a neighborhood unique, and so a bunch of people want to move to those areas, then they get old and start complaining about the same things that made the area special in the first place.

Brees4prez

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
No not all of them. I'm prone to exaggeration during hissy fits. A bunch of them. Is that better? But after looking at the zoning laws that regulate live music it's amazing that we do have any at all.
New orleans has alot of live music compared to Memphis. For the birthplace of Rock n Roll, Memphis has a terrible music scene. The local bands are mostly cover bands or heavy metal noise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Healthy Alvin Kamara prepared to show off his old, new self with New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus The ABC's of New Orleans Saints Training Camp SR News Page Articles 0
Swin Cash & Caron Butler on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
7 key storylines to follow as New Orleans Saints return to training camp Wednesday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette First look at Tommy Stevens in New Orleans Saints uniform SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Bennie Fowler: How the Saints WR landed in New Orleans SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 2 Saints helped Bennie Fowler land in New Orleans Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
Andrus Emmanuel Sanders is building chemistry with Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - August 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Why the New Orleans Saints could win it all, Part VIII: Cornerbacks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Team Preview Series: New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Why the New Orleans Saints could win it all, Part VII: Linebackers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints linebacker encouraged to see healthy room SR News Page Articles 0
Eric Hasseltine on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Chargers bringing youthful inexperience to New Orleans in Week 5 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans current status...... Everything Else Board 17
Andrus New Orleans Saints receiver Michael Thomas prepared to continue assault on NFL records SR News Page Articles 0
Why the New Orleans Saints could win it all, Part VI: Defensive Line Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans Saints taking excuse-free approach SR News Page Articles 0
Statement from the New Orleans Pelicans Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - July 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans shootaround update: New Orleans emphasizes aggressive approach vs. Utah Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Jared Greenberg on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - July 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saints land on Forbes' top 50 list again for most valuable sports teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0