A New LSU Wrinkle on Offense? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Coach Orgeron has put the word out that he may be considering having Fournette AND Guice together on some offensive plays.

The more I think of it the more I want to see how a defense would set up for such a tandem.

It just might work. :scratch:

Utilization and execution are trending in the right direction after Miles and Cameron were let go. It will be interesting to see how this team fares against the meat of the SEC schedule that is now upon us.

Utilization and execution are trending in the right direction after Miles and Cameron were let go. It will be interesting to see how this team fares against the meat of the SEC schedule that is now upon us.

No one can deny that Coach O has the biggest schedule hurdle that any interim coach has ever had to clear. Should he do it, he earns the job hands down.

With those two guys together in the backfield I see a play action with Chark or Dupre sprinting pass the defensive backs for a long touchdown play. With the new offense it is very exciting to have opposing defenses guessing on what we are doing. The unpredictable is what the offense needed to be successful. My only little concern is we don't overly keep running LF7 and keep a balanced offense

It helps that Guice and LF7 are great pass catchers.....you can have them both in the backfield, then split one wide to gain either matchup advantages or help moving folks out of the box for better gains in the running game. It could be an interesting use of our best personnel.

I think they were both in the same backfield for some plays in the Wisconsin game. They designed some plays in the offseason, nothing much came of it.

I do think if they design and execute they might could make something happen here. You lose the blocking fullback, but in a passing situation you put a lot of pressure on the linebackers.

This was no Orgeron's idea, its been in the offense for a while. Hopefully Orgeron and Ensminger can get more traction out of it than Miles and Cameron.

I think they were both in the same backfield for some plays in the Wisconsin game. They designed some plays in the offseason, nothing much came of it.

I do think if they design and execute they might could make something happen here. You lose the blocking fullback, but in a passing situation you put a lot of pressure on the linebackers.

This was no Orgeron's idea, its been in the offense for a while. Hopefully Orgeron and Ensminger can get more traction out of it than Miles and Cameron.

I actually think they will. If the passing game is improved, it would get that 8th man out of the box and potentially open up more opportunities for both of them. The other thing they can do is move one or both of them around in different formations to keep defenses guessing. It's tough to add a lot of wrinkles midseason, but, so far so good.

in a passing situation you put a lot of pressure on the linebackers.

This is what I was thinking more than anything. Both of these kids are capable of pulling off big runs if there aren't 8 or 9 guys in the box waiting for them. With these guys in a split formation on a passing down the linebackers have no choice but to be prepared for play action fly and out routes.

:scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom