Saints A note to the board about the countdown (1 Viewer)

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After somewhere around 10 years of doing our annual countdown, I want to let you know that I am not going to take it on this year. I have loved the board's response and participation, but it's a daily thing for over three months. No days off. It's been more difficult each year. I've had help from members, including insidejob, and more recently, SaintLuke, who has been a dear and deeply appreciated partner.

Anyone is welcome to take this on. It's a board tradition at this point, and I would love to see it continue. And since having SaintLuke on a daily basis, let me recommend that you get a partner. I'd love to see a team approach. It brings in board participation, and I hope that is much of what our countdown has been about.

And if I may, let us continue one important tradition. No one gets called a camp body. Every player in camp is a professional who is performing at the very top of his profession. So there's the fact that they don't deserve it. But also, it's dismissive. And that is rude. And rudeness is not in keeping with the founding and continuing moderating on this board. So there's the fact that we don't deserve it.

I wanted to give you a little heads up. I will miss doing it, I know, and miss your messages. So I hope it keeps going.

Geaux Saints.

After somewhere around 10 years of doing our annual countdown, I want to let you know that I am not going to take it on this year. I have loved the board's response and participation, but it's a daily thing for over three months. No days off. It's been more difficult each year. I've had help from members, including insidejob, and more recently, SaintLuke, who has been a dear and deeply appreciated partner.

Anyone is welcome to take this on. It's a board tradition at this point, and I would love to see it continue. And since having SaintLuke on a daily basis, let me recommend that you get a partner. I'd love to see a team approach. It brings in board participation, and I hope that is much of what our countdown has been about.

And if I may, let us continue one important tradition. No one gets called a camp body. Every player in camp is a professional who is performing at the very top of his profession. So there's the fact that they don't deserve it. But also, it's dismissive. And that is rude. And rudeness is not in keeping with the founding and continuing moderating on this board. So there's the fact that we don't deserve it.

I wanted to give you a little heads up. I will miss doing it, I know, and miss your messages. So I hope it keeps going.

Geaux Saints.

I take my hat off to you sir for doing what you've done for those ten years or so. I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope someone does pick it up and the tradition continues.

Props to you my good man!!:peace:

With as many players as gets invited to camp, I’m sure it’s been an arduous task every year. I’m just hoping we have a season that’s safe for everyone to attend if they want to. Let’s own that division again this year and get Drew another ring already. Who Dat!

I think the board as a whole can/should try taking on the task. The player write ups could be done more in the comments from other members than in the daily post of the player whose number it is. Everyone likes the countdown. It helps us get to know all of the new players on the rather large pre-season roster.

Anyone know when we're 99 days out from the first game?

Completely understandable. I've done quite a few of these daily updates and they are quite time consuming. This is a crazy stressful year and it's important to find ways to cut back from additional tasks/stress. Thanks for all you do on the board and looking forward to the countdown in 2021 if you get back to it.

Sammy, wow. You just summed up my feelings in a way I couldn’t articulate. That’s a blessing. Thanks so much.

And thanks to AARP for the reminder. Saint Tex is female. Always remember when you speak to the board: Some of us dudes are chicks.

Last edited:

Geaux Saints.
Thank you for putting it together and all the work you put into it year after year.
It was one of my favorite reads.

Hopefully we can keep it going.

We will just have to "Countdown" together, and each contribute what we can. Shy Tuttle gave us too good of a picture to start off the the countdown this year, we can't let such a beautiful image go to waste, so the tradition must continue. Expect to see the pictures of #99 on the 6th of June from me, and others are encouraged to add your knowledge of the player or more pictures.. Thank you Saint Tex. We can't fill your shoes, but we can give it our best 2nd string effort. Below is just a little previewScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.09.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.08.26 AM.png

Last edited:
We will just have to "Countdown" together, and each contribute what we can. Shy Tuttle gave us too good of a picture to start off the the countdown this year, we can't let such a beautiful image go to waste, so the tradition must continue. Expect to see the pictures of #99 on the 6th of June from me, and others are encouraged to add your knowledge of the player or more pictures.. Thank you Saint Tex. We can't fill your shoes, but we can give it our best 2nd string effort. Below is just a little previewScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.09.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.08.26 AM.png
That sounds like a plan. I think having multiple members posting their "player bios" will be interesting in seeing how differently we view players and what different nuggets of info people can dig up on the UDFA's and unknown players.

Geaux Saints.

First of all, thank you immensely for the past 10 years. It was always my favorite off season past time. I always looked forward to reading about the players. And when St. Luke added all the pics, that was just the cherry on top. I appreciate the no bashing of players, nor the no camp body guide lines. I can only hope this continues.

I hope we as the Saint's community can continue this great tradition. Take care and please keep putting your input, at least occasionally, because it has always been appreciated.

Peace out.

Geaux Saints.

I thank you for what you've done for us. Your work along with @SaintLuke was awesome and we appreciate it. Also, is it possible you can act like a cast member in a long running hit show that moves to being a recurring character? In other words, add something here and there? Maybe all the ones like 91, 81 all the way down to 1? Just a thought, I'd hate to lose your contributions completely to this thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom