Saints A note to the board about the countdown (1 Viewer)

thanks so much, Swampy, inside job, CajunSaint, AARP--you have all been great friends of the Countdown.

Along with Scorpius, who is making me laugh out loud. Recurring character. That's funny. I'm imagining what that will look like, but yes, I would love to visit the new iteration of the Countdown. I actually took it over from some other board members. So this is more like a Dr. Who thing. I'm liking it.

Sammy, wow. You just summed up my feelings in a way I couldn’t articulate. That’s a blessing. Thanks so much.

And thanks to AARP for the reminder. Saint Tex is female. Always remember when you speak to the board: Some of us dudes are chicks.

We will just have to "Countdown" together, and each contribute what we can. Shy Tuttle gave us too good of a picture to start off the the countdown this year, we can't let such a beautiful image go to waste, so the tradition must continue. Expect to see the pictures of #99 on the 6th of June from me, and others are encouraged to add your knowledge of the player or more pictures.. Thank you Saint Tex. We can't fill your shoes, but we can give it our best 2nd string effort. Below is just a little previewScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.09.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.08.26 AM.png
The other day I rewactched SaintsGiving. That stiff arm from Tuttle never ceases to be entertaining. Best of all Matt Ryan got that career highlight/ poster moment he always wanted

After somewhere around 10 years of doing our annual countdown, I want to let you know that I am not going to take it on this year. I have loved the board's response and participation, but it's a daily thing for over three months. No days off. It's been more difficult each year. I've had help from members, including insidejob, and more recently, SaintLuke, who has been a dear and deeply appreciated partner.

Anyone is welcome to take this on. It's a board tradition at this point, and I would love to see it continue. And since having SaintLuke on a daily basis, let me recommend that you get a partner. I'd love to see a team approach. It brings in board participation, and I hope that is much of what our countdown has been about.

And if I may, let us continue one important tradition. No one gets called a camp body. Every player in camp is a professional who is performing at the very top of his profession. So there's the fact that they don't deserve it. But also, it's dismissive. And that is rude. And rudeness is not in keeping with the founding and continuing moderating on this board. So there's the fact that we don't deserve it.

I wanted to give you a little heads up. I will miss doing it, I know, and miss your messages. So I hope it keeps going.

Geaux Saints.

Saint Tex,

I, too, want to express my heartfelt appreciation for all your work and will definitely miss you. But it is more than understandable for you to take a much needed break. If you never do it again that's alright. Just take care of yourself and your family and I am sure we'll see you around the boards.

God bless you my friend.

Geaux Saints!

This thread is useless without pictures.

Saint Tex,

I, too, want to express my heartfelt appreciation for all your work and will definitely miss you. But it is more than understandable for you to take a much needed break. If you never do it again that's alright. Just take care of yourself and your family and I am sure we'll see you around the boards.

God bless you my friend.

Geaux Saints!

Oh sweet Eva. So good to hear from you. You’ve also been a big supporter of the Countdown, and your well wishes mean a lot.

Hey y'all, this link says today is 100 days from the season's start, so that would mean the countdown starts tomorrow, right? Or do we do it 99 days out from the Saints first pre-season game?

I've tried counting it out and am getting different numbers each time...99 days from today I'm getting September 8 when I just did it by literally counting the days on a calendar. Anyone else want to confirm so we get it right?

Hey y'all, this link says today is 100 days from the season's start, so that would mean the countdown starts tomorrow, right? Or do we do it 99 days out from the Saints first pre-season game?

I've tried counting it out and am getting different numbers each time...99 days from today I'm getting September 8 when I just did it by literally counting the days on a calendar. Anyone else want to confirm so we get it right?
No not preseason, our first game /week 1.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom