A Personal Message from Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

Not sure what you meant by "use personal names"? This is Drew's personal non profit foundation doing this.
On the phone when someone calling to pitch something to you says "Well, Jerry" instead of "Mr. Smith". To them if someone is selling something to them, they aren't a friend on a first-name basis.

On the phone when someone calling to pitch something to you says "Well, Jerry" instead of "Mr. Smith". To them if someone is selling something to them, they aren't a friend on a first-name basis.

Got it...

Yeah, I'm not that big a stickler for public/business private, but you could be selling gold at a penny and ounce and if you said "Well Doris" then that'd end it for my mother :p

Obviously this is a cool deal for charity, but the bulk/e-mail/snail mail that says "personal" or sticks names in for a specialized "personal" offer that is just a form letter always gets at me a tad. No biggie, I don't flip, but just from the thread title (which I now know was just the e-mail title) I sort of expected an "I work at ___ and met Drew one day and he wanted to say..." No sweat. I don't collect art, am broke from being laid off for almost a year, and have taken a job that will actually net me less than unemployment, so buying one is out for me, but I see it as worthy.

This isn't worth $400 and definitely not worth $1300 autographed. I just don't see it.

Dude ... it's for a charity.

You think the steaks on those $1000 a plate charity dinners are actually worth more than 20 bucks?? I mean sure, the potatoes are nice 'n' fluffy, and all, but c'mon ....

This isn't worth $400 and definitely not worth $1300 autographed. I just don't see it.

The $400 is autographed, the $1300 is hand-painted and autographed. So both are autographed.

It's worth it. The NFL is a dominant league, Brees is a HOFer, and it's a good cause. You'd get your money back in 20 years off of Ebay, but would you really want to?

It's for charity. Basically you're donating the money to charity and being glad you got anything back at all.

You're not supposed to make a profit when you give money to charities.

I think it is too steep. I am disappointed that the FDL was photoshopped out of the Saints helmets to make them "generic," but I guess it was to avoid the NFL wanting a slice of the pie. I got the Brees Blue Dog for much less (and it was for a charitable cause as well) and like it much more.

Its for a great cause, and definitely worthwhile in one can afford it..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom