A politician that speaks his mind with no double-talk (1 Viewer)

Yes - the OP WAS tongue-in-cheek (apparently that wasn't clear), I just thought him going off on this brand of cable channel was hilarious.

However, if you want to really take it further, non I didn't find what he said to be particularly objectionable (no matter where he sides on politics or the boogey-man trigger "C" word )

You're not fooling anybody...comrade!:hihi:

You know who else promotes Chavez and doesnt find him objectionable?

Thats right.
Courtney Love

KURT <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_0_0">COBAIN's</nobr> widow COURTNEY <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_0_1">LOVE</nobr> has set her sights on a controversial new beau - Venezuelan president HUGO CHAVEZ.
The pair met at a New York screening of Oliver <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_1_1">Stone's</nobr> new documentary South of the Border last week (23Sep09) after Love caught the leader checking her out from across the room.
She admits she's smitten, and believes a romance could be a possibility.
She tells the New York Daily News, "It was the third wink that sold me. He's a sexy dawg. He invited me to visit his country and I'd like to go. I'll rock Caracas."

Actually, it makes perfect sense. Venezuela is next to Colombia.

courtneylovelips.jpg

I can't help but to feel sick to my stomach, when I think President Obama said this guy was a Humanitarian, and shook his hand, accepting a book from this Communist dictator. This man is an animal, that is rich beyond his wildest dreams, while his country men and woman suffer of hunger and lack of sufficiant housing. He speaks his mind because he can do so without consiquence. If George Bush, Rudy Guliani (sp), Fred Thompson, Sarah Palin, or even some other leftist such as Zell Miller, and other moderate democrats said that kind of thing about Barack Obama, they would be racist idiots, and throw off the television, radio and our congress. This man is evil, and you @#)$(@#$# he is not a politician, he is the dictator of a country, who is not able to vote on thier own, for who they want to run thier country. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you enjoy listening to this idiot so much, we can take a couple of donations that will pay for you a plane ticket and I will personally help you pack your things and send you off to Venezuela... where you seem to belong.

(don't ban me! I am american! haha)

Chavez was actually saying how much he loved america, and wanted to go to a Texas Rangers game with George W....it was the ugly translator that was spewing the anti-american, anti-george bush speach!

The dude just wants a hot dog and a luke warm Miller Lite at a damn baseball game!!

Banning &#8220;Family Guy&#8221; is truly ridiculous. But no more ridiculous however than putting people in jail for smoking or having weed. Funny to hear a US paper attempt to make it sound like a bad thing that "Among other rules, cable providers could be forced to carry Chavez's frequent speeches". What US presidents speeches aren't carried on the major TV networks. I was disappointed by the notion of fining TV stations that air Family Guy (it's not a true ban). Of course, the policy hasn't been enacted yet. It was just something that was suggested within the Justice Department. Still, it's apparently because the show promotes the use of marijuana, which is a poor reason to prohibit something, especially in Venezuela, a country that stands to benefit if the drug becomes a legal commodity

I'm guessing he didn't answer the question because of who was asking it. Whatever the answer was, it would be spun by fox news, he knows that as well as anyone. I think the point he was trying to make was, how can he be criticized for having diplomatic relations with a scumbag coming from a country who has historically had more scumbag relationships than anyone. America is truly not one to criticize anyone elses foreign policy decisions

He first said Fox News was stupid (estupidos, which is more like saying they are aholes) and he said the question was artificial. He asked where Fox News was when Yankee soldiers were killing children in Iraq and Afghanistan then (I suppose as a response to the Holocaust portion) he decried the genocide of the indigenous people of South and North America. He accused Fox of hiding the abuses of the US and of opposing Obama because he is black. He said he is friends with those who are friendly to him. A couple of times he said the reporter's mind had been poisoned.

IMO he was quite correct in his response, since it was not a real question anyway. They were just trying to find a way to smear him for praising Obama. His response completely turned the tables on them. I think he avoided ansswering the question directly because he saw it as an artificial ambush question. He did not deny the holocaust but basically went off on Fox News for its hypocrisy.

There's nothing wrong with hanging around with tyrants, every Western Country has done it, for political and economic benefits. Also, how does Ahmedinejad represent a manifestation of pure evil? Sure, he's made some terrible comments, but how the hell do you label him as the manifestation of pure evil? Has he committed genocide? Has he massacred the Jews residing in Iran? Has he massacred anyone? Denying the existence of the Holocaust does not simply put him in the same boat as the man who had committed the Holocaust.

When you speak of the "manifestation of evil," the first few names that should pop up into anyone's mind would include Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. I'd also toss Kim Jong Il in there. Ahmedinejad, however, does not fit into that category.The US has no right criticizing other leaders for pretty much anything. Pot...Black. The US government was buddie buddie with Saddam. Not to mention Suharto, Pinochet, Batista etc etc. "Fidel Castro, &#8220;the dictator&#8221;, has also helped Cuba have one of the world's highest rates of literacy, as well as a health-care system that is only 2 spots under the U.S. (quite impressive, considering how the U.S. spends more money on healthcare than any other country in the world).If I could choose between being ruled by Castro or Batista, you bet I'd choose the former. The latter, who was the real dictator, was backed by the U.S.

Last edited:
I can't help but to feel sick to my stomach, when I think President Obama said this guy was a Humanitarian, and shook his hand, accepting a book from this Communist dictator. This man is an animal, that is rich beyond his wildest dreams, while his country men and woman suffer of hunger and lack of sufficiant housing.

Obama or Chavez? :idunno:

Banning “Family Guy” is truly ridiculous. But no more ridiculous however than putting people in jail for smoking or having weed. Funny to hear a US paper attempt to make it sound like a bad thing that "Among other rules, cable providers could be forced to carry Chavez's frequent speeches". What US presidents speeches aren't carried on the major TV networks. I was disappointed by the notion of fining TV stations that air Family Guy (it's not a true ban). Of course, the policy hasn't been enacted yet. It was just something that was suggested within the Justice Department. Still, it's apparently because the show promotes the use of marijuana, which is a poor reason to prohibit something, especially in Venezuela, a country that stands to benefit if the drug becomes a legal commodity
Most speeches by US Presidents are carried by most major networks. However, there is no law dictating they must be outside a national emergency and some have opted not to show presidential speeches without legal repercussions.

I'm guessing he didn't answer the question because of who was asking it. Whatever the answer was, it would be spun by fox news, he knows that as well as anyone. I think the point he was trying to make was, how can he be criticized for having diplomatic relations with a scumbag coming from a country who has historically had more scumbag relationships than anyone. America is truly not one to criticize anyone elses foreign policy decisions

He first said Fox News was stupid (estupidos, which is more like saying they are aholes) and he said the question was artificial. He asked where Fox News was when Yankee soldiers were killing children in Iraq and Afghanistan then (I suppose as a response to the Holocaust portion) he decried the genocide of the indigenous people of South and North America. He accused Fox of hiding the abuses of the US and of opposing Obama because he is black. He said he is friends with those who are friendly to him. A couple of times he said the reporter's mind had been poisoned.

IMO he was quite correct in his response, since it was not a real question anyway. They were just trying to find a way to smear him for praising Obama. His response completely turned the tables on them. I think he avoided ansswering the question directly because he saw it as an artificial ambush question. He did not deny the holocaust but basically went off on Fox News for its hypocrisy.
So in other words he crawfished and tap-danced...and you see nothing wrong with it.

There's nothing wrong with hanging around with tyrants, every Western Country has done it, for political and economic benefits. Also, how does Ahmedinejad represent a manifestation of pure evil? Sure, he's made some terrible comments, but how the hell do you label him as the manifestation of pure evil? Has he committed genocide? Has he massacred the Jews residing in Iran? Has he massacred anyone? Denying the existence of the Holocaust does not simply put him in the same boat as the man who had committed the Holocaust.
Were you hiding under a rock when possibly hundreds were killed in Iran for simply protesting the alleged rigged results of the last Iranian presidential election?

CNN gives an unconfirmed count of 150 in this report. We'll likely never know the real number. So yeah, under Ahmedinejad's orders there was a massacre of his own people.

When you speak of the "manifestation of evil," the first few names that should pop up into anyone's mind would include Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. I'd also toss Kim Jong Il in there. Ahmedinejad, however, does not fit into that category.The US has no right criticizing other leaders for pretty much anything. Pot...Black. The US government was buddie buddie with Saddam. Not to mention Suharto, Pinochet, Batista etc etc. "Fidel Castro, “the dictator”, has also helped Cuba have one of the world's highest rates of literacy, as well as a health-care system that is only 2 spots under the U.S. (quite impressive, considering how the U.S. spends more money on healthcare than any other country in the world).If I could choose between being ruled by Castro or Batista, you bet I'd choose the former. The latter, who was the real dictator, was backed by the U.S.
If Cuba is so great, then why do entire families risk their very lives to cross shark-infested waters in hopes of setting foot on American soil?

You're attempting a strawman between me saying 1) it is funny FOX get pwned and 2) his point of associating with Iran is really no big deal - and using that to associate some unrelated support of all and everything Chavez.

Jumping on Chavez for supporting/allying with Ahmadinajad is hypocritical at best

This is nothing more than a "If you like him so much why don't you marry him" type of juvenille argument. Fiz-Ail!

Banning “Family Guy” is truly ridiculous. But no more ridiculous however than putting people in jail for smoking or having weed.

Ummmm, weed is illegal. Did you know that? Therefore, if you have it or smoke it, you go to JAIL! How is it ridiculous to throw people in jail for having weed on them? Its like not throwing people in jail for murder. Worst thread and post ever. :jpshakehead: Keep smoking, it makes you look like a genious!

Considering that possessing, selling and purchasing alcohol and tobacco are illegal, it's perfectly consistent to outlaw marijuana.

You're attempting a strawman between me saying 1) it is funny FOX get pwned and 2) his point of associating with Iran is really no big deal - and using that to associate some unrelated support of all and everything Chavez.

Jumping on Chavez for supporting/allying with Ahmadinajad is hypocritical at best

This is nothing more than a "If you like him so much why don't you marry him" type of juvenille argument. Fiz-Ail!
Is that all your rambling diatribe had in it? I could have sworn it included accolades for Castro, implied denial of Chavez being a dictator, and arguments that Ahmadinajad isn't a murderer.:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom