A Poor Man's Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

Archie_4_HOF

Northshore Who Dat
Reaction score
Watching Kyle Orton tonight, I cannot stop thinking of the similarities and I am talking about more than the fact that Orton suceeded Brees at Purdue.

1. Obviously, Brees and Orton were very successful at Purdue and labeled system QB's.
2. Both go into the NFL with little respect. It is said that neither has the "big arm."
3. Both lead there teams orginal teams to the playoffs.
4. Both are cast aside by the teams that drafted them.

Now Brees, lands with the Saints. A team that was not supposed to be very good and surprised the NFL with masterful offense led by a young offensive genius at a head coach.

Now I don't think Orton will have Brees' success but who would have thought the Broncos would start 5-0. Your thoughts???

Drew Brees is a model of preparation, analysis on the field, hard worker, renowned for being first-in/last-out in practice and film study.

Kyle Orton has a long established reputation for being lackadaisical, a party guy, and is 6-4 225 with actually a pretty good arm.

So this is a very poor comparison

Did you read the title of the post?

Is that all you have? Orton is a party guy????

If Orton has a pretty good arm then why wasn't he drafted in the first round? He had everything else coming out of college. The big knock on Orton coming out of Purdue was lack of arm strength and being a system QB.

Did you read the title of the post?

Is that all you have? Orton is a party guy????

If Orton has a pretty good arm then why wasn't he drafted in the first round? He had everything else coming out of college. The big knock on Orton coming out of Purdue was lack of arm strength and being a system QB.

I did. Kyle Orton has a proto-typical QB frame and doesn't have the defining Drew Brees qualities of extreme hard work, attention to detail, and mental preparation. Ergo he is not similiar to Drew Brees.

That is one hot chick he's with though

Attachments

• kyle_orton_drunk_3.jpg
    kyle_orton_drunk_3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with OP. Orton's got an arm, the knock on Orton was a lack of mental toughness and lack of prep coming out of Purdue. Believe me, I suffered through the bone-headed side of his play whilst a Boiler. :)

I'm pulling for him, though, he has (from accounts) settled down and decided to apply himself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom