A possible end to homefield advantage? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
In April, the NFL plans to test a radio system in its European minor league that broadcasts the quarterback's signals into his teammates' helmets -- over the chants of a hostile crowd, according to BLOOMBERG.

http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2006/november/03-nfl_may_end_homefield_advantage.html

I guess Goodell wasn't kidding when he brought up the whole "fans are too loud" argument a few weeks back. What an utter crock if this plays out.

Noise will still have a huge impact. It fires up the defense and it rattles the opponents offense.

the problem is usually with calling audibles at the line and the snap count... not so much the playcalls from the coach. all we need to do is find out the frequency and jam it. that will put a stop to that!

This idea is dumb. The road team having to deal with crowd noise is a part of football.

I am working on a "muzzled white noise" converter/adapter to attach to our heads and scream into. It will create both infrared and high frequency blocking signals to disrupt the new team helmet device....
-Morgus the Magnificent

/checksandbalances:eek:neupsmanship

I don't understand why you want to negate homefield advantage. That is a major part of the game. Here again, through rule changes and other means, the NFL is changing the game. Makes you wonder...will you recognize the game twenty years from now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom