A present from Berlin for President Trump (1 Viewer)

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score
A big part of the Berlin Wall is on the way to Washington DC as a present for D. Trump.

But I am not so sure if he will really like it as this is not meant to help him with his wall.

wall.JPG

A petition also just started around this present... in case some of you would like to join in.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
He will put it on the southern border. The irony will fly right over the folks who attend his rallies like a Hollywood liberal.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Yesterday I watched Trump’s press conference and he referred to the judge who issued an order blocking the wall construction as “part of the partisan resistance”.

I’m thinking that when Trump was growing up watching WWII movies like I did, he and I were pulling for opposite sides.

UriUT

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m thinking that when Trump was growing up watching WWII movies like I did, he and I were pulling for opposite sides.
Even a German Nazi wouldn't be pulling for his side. He has one side and it's either for him or against him. The sooner his supporters get that the sooner they will break free from this cult.

Charlie Brizzown

Used to fish
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Even a German Nazi wouldn't be pulling for his side. He has one side and it's either for him or against him. The sooner his supporters get that the sooner they will break free from this cult.
His supporters know he’s a selfish bastage who’s only priority is enriching himself. They’re just ok with it because they believe they share common goals.

Members here have outright admitted to it.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A big part of the Berlin Wall is on the way to Washington DC as a present for D. Trump.

But I am not so sure if he will really like it as this is not meant to help him with his wall.

wall.JPG

A petition also just started around this present... in case some of you would like to join in.

Signed. Thank you Germany for picking up the mantle as leader of the free world. The US can make no claim whatsoever to that title.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Boy, how soon we forget. Like Germany has anything to say about it... But I Guess just cause it's Trump.. Thats all... Not like we been turning people away for years as country...

1939 President Roosevelt - Democrat.

During World War II, the Motorschiff St. Louis was a German ocean liner infamously known for carrying more than 900 Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany in 1939 intending to escape the Holocaust to disembark in Cuba. However they were denied permission to land. The captain, Gustav Schröder, went to the United States and Canada, trying to find a nation to take the Jews in, but both nations refused.

He finally returned the ship to Europe,

Many were later caught in Nazi roundups of Jews in occupied countries, and some historians have estimated that approximately a quarter of them were killed in death camps during World War II.[2]

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
Boy, how soon we forget. Like Germany has anything to say about it... But I Guess just cause it's Trump.. Thats all... Not like we been turning people away for years as country...

During World War II, the Motorschiff St. Louis was a German ocean liner infamously known for carrying more than 900 Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany in 1939 intending to escape the Holocaust to disembark in Cuba. However they were denied permission to land. The captain, Gustav Schröder, went to the United States and Canada, trying to find a nation to take the Jews in, but both nations refused.

Many were later caught in Nazi roundups of Jews in occupied countries, and some historians have estimated that approximately a quarter of them were killed in death camps during World War II.[2]

It's fascinating how much this post has to do with the OP. Oh wait, it has nothing to do with the OP. This is nothing more than another failed attempt at whataboutism. When you can't refute anything distract.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's fascinating how much this post has to do with the OP. Oh wait, it has nothing to do with the OP. This is nothing more than another failed attempt at whataboutism. When you can't refute anything distract.
But at least Joe's learning more and more obscure historical events to try and equivocate with.
Like learning microbiology to prove cancer's caused by tiny weevils.

Taurus

VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Jocularity aside, Joe.
Was this a proud moment in our history? Was turning these people away a good thing?

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jocularity aside, Joe.
Was this a proud moment in our history? Was turning these people away a good thing?
In Canada, that is seen as a national embarrassment.

And the Prime Minister issued an official apology last year.

Canada apologises for turning away Jewish refugee ship in 1939

Mr Trudeau called Wednesday's formal recognition of the historic wrongdoing "a long overdue apology".

"We are sorry for the callousness of Canada's response, we are sorry for not apologising sooner."

Shimon Fogel, with the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs, told the BBC that the acknowledgment is "important to achieve closure and recognition of a particularly dark chapter in Canadian history".

JimEverett

Reaction score
Perhaps Germans should give that piece of wall instead to Frontex (of which Germany supports), the EU's border security force and its support of 620 miles of walls - a little under twice the miles of what the U.S. has at its southern border.

Arathrael

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Perhaps Germans should give that piece of wall instead to Frontex (of which Germany supports), the EU's border security force and its support of 620 miles of walls - a little under twice the miles of what the U.S. has at its southern border.

What a weird take. The Germans sending that piece of the wall to Trump aren't in favour of walls in the EU either, naturally.

And the EU doesn't build walls. Some individual member states of the EU put up fences, and the EU isn't all that keen on them doing that. "We do support border management measures at the external borders. This can be surveillance measures. It can be border control equipment... But fences, we do not finance." https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...migration-ahead-of-court-ruling-idUSKCN1BC4RL

As for Frontex (now the European Border and Coast Guard Agency), it has been heavily criticised, particularly for what many feel to be an overly aggressive and brutal approach to migrants attempting to cross the Mediterranean. Which in no way precludes groups of Europeans criticising Trump and his wall as well.

JimEverett

Reaction score
I don't think it is a weird take. It strikes me as sort of a ridiculous move to protest U.S. border walls when there are so many border walls within Europe itself and given the way the EU itself has treated migrants crossing the Mediterranean.
It would be like some people in Kentucky protesting the number of homeless people in Italy or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints promote Terry Fontenot to Vice President/Assistant GM of Pro Personnel Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom