A 'proud' moment for Mark Ingram, snapping Saints' skid without a 1,000-yard rusher (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

BY JOEL A. ERICKSON

For better or worse, Mark Ingram always knew Sunday how close he'd gotten to the magical 1,000-yard mark that eluded him for the first five years of his career.

Mostly for worse.

As the Saints fell into a deep hole against Atlanta and time ticked by, Ingram kept finding out how many yards he still needed.

"People were telling me the entire game, which was probably more stressful than helpful," Ingram said. "I just tried to stay focused on my game and just tried to run hard and tried not to press and just take what was coming to me."

The barrier finally fell with 4:55 left in the game. Ingram took a handoff to the right, shot straight between a block from Jahri Evans and the pulling block of Senio Kelemete, got a key block at the second level from Zach Strief and danced through three tackles into the Falcons secondary and past the 1,000-yard mark.

Ingram's moment came in the fourth quarter of a game the Saints would lose 38-32, dropping his team to 7-9 for the third consecutive season despite the best year of his six-year career.

Full Story - The Advocate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom