A quick thought on Devery Henderson (1 Viewer)

It'll come down to him or Moore. Copper's better than either one of them but Moore would be kept because he returns kicks and is sure handed. Patten is a complete reciever but only has a couple of years left in him. The only thing DH has going for him is he averages over 20 ypc. Unfortunately he has he worst hands of any WR in the league.

I was so excited about him with all the talk about his improvement with catching coming out of TC....huge disappointment.

I doubt he gets a huge contract so I wouldn't be upset if we resigned for cheap and as our #4 or 5.

why didn't we ever try him at returning kick offs and punts --

Devery's game is the deep ball. He's not a possession WR or a number 2. I think we can all come to that conclusion. He's too inconsistent to be a #2. I would like to see him back because of his big play ability but I do not think he should be paid the $ of say a number 2. If there is someone else out there who believes that he is a number 2 and are willing to shelve out the $, then let them do it and let Devery walk. I'm not so sure that will happen though so we'll have to wait and see. Again, I'd like to see him back but not at the $ it would take for a number 2. There's too much of a need on the defensive side of the ball and with Meachem waiting in the wings, the Saints organization can ill afford to tie up money like that on a WR with limited ability.

Soft hands and the natural coordination it takes to catch a football is not something that is taught. The dude is in his 4th year. If he hasn't learned how to catch by now he isn't going to. Signing him to the league minimum would be the only situation where I'd bring him back. He is more then expendable with Meachem on the roster, who is more then physically capable to replace him as a deep threat (plus hes taller on top of being faster).

I would like to think Meachem is faster than Devery but I doubt it.

I would like to think Meachem is faster than Devery but I doubt it.

Every 40 time every measured between the two of them has Meachem as faster. At the very least the speed difference will be irrelevent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom