A reason T.O. why had no catches (1 Viewer)

wamland

Sacrilicious
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From a Bills forum, a reason why TO pulled up on one of his catches:

QUOTE (drewbreeesss @ Sep 27 2009, 07:16 PM)
<!--quotec-->TO wussed out on that long throw.He heard footsteps.<!--QuoteEnd-->
<!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes he did.
But Sharper would have destroyed him if he hadn't.

How nice to have a feared safety.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=97065&st=980

I just watched the replay of that play. Edwards overthrew him by 5 yards, Sharper was trailing the play. TO had them burnt. That was a definate TD w/ a good throw. Didnt see TO pulling up till the ball hit the ground 5 yards in front of him.

Darren Sharper was a great offseason acquisition and would have plowed TO there, but Jabari Greer has played great all season. We barely hear his name, he's always got his man covered, same today with TO.

I just watched the replay of that play. Edwards overthrew him by 5 yards, Sharper was trailing the play. TO had them burnt. That was a definate TD w/ a good throw. Didnt see TO pulling up till the ball hit the ground 5 yards in front of him.

You're thinking of a different play

It would have been better if a Bills fan had posted that on their forum, but I agree nonetheless. :9:

It would have been better if a Bills fan had posted that on their forum, but I agree nonetheless. :9:

It was a Bills fan who responded:

<table class="ipbtable" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="row2" valign="middle" width="1%">
user-online.png
Simon
<!-- member menu -->
pp-blank-thumb.png

gender_mystery.png
View Member Profile
find_posts.png
Find Member's Posts

<!-- member menu --> <script type="text/javascript"> ipsmenu.register( "post-member-1571908", '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' ); </script> </td> <td class="row2" valign="middle" width="99%"> <!-- POSTED DATE DIV -->
to_post_off.gif
Yesterday, 06:17 PM
<!-- REPORT / DELETE / EDIT / QUOTE DIV -->
Post #987
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="post2" valign="top">

Dirty Player
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif

Group: TSW Moderators
Member No.: 297

spacer.gif

</td> <td class="post2" id="post-main-1571908" valign="top" width="100%"> <!-- THE POST 1571908 --> <!--quoteo(post=1571900:date=Sep 27 2009, 07&#58;16 PM:name=drewbreeesss)-->QUOTE (drewbreeesss @ Sep 27 2009, 07:16 PM)
<!--quotec-->TO wussed out on that long throw.He heard footsteps.<!--QuoteEnd-->
<!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes he did.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

It was a Bills fan who responded:

<TABLE class=ipbtable cellSpacing=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=row2 vAlign=center width="1%">
user-online.png
Simon
<!-- member menu -->
pp-blank-thumb.png

gender_mystery.png
View Member Profile
find_posts.png
Find Member's Posts

<!-- member menu --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> ipsmenu.register( "post-member-1571908", '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' ); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD class=row2 vAlign=center width="99%"><!-- POSTED DATE DIV -->
to_post_off.gif
Yesterday, 06:17 PM
<!-- REPORT / DELETE / EDIT / QUOTE DIV -->Post #987

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=post2 vAlign=top>

Dirty Player
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif

Group: TSW Moderators
Member No.: 297

spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=post2 id=post-main-1571908 vAlign=top width="100%"><!-- THE POST 1571908 --><!--quoteo(post=1571900:date=Sep 27 2009, 07&#58;16 PM:name=drewbreeesss)-->QUOTE (drewbreeesss @ Sep 27 2009, 07:16 PM)
<!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes he did.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Whoops. Even better. I missed that comment. Sharper is definitely not afraid to hit somebody.

An even bigger reason came when he dropped the out pass that was right in his hands. Still they didn't target him much and Edwards bungled two throws, but since he dropped the one in his hands (he tweeted that it's still not a drop lol), the end of the streak is "on his hands."

I actually think TO has given up. To my eyes, he completely walked though the game. Maybe (not likely) the thought of playing against an elite quarterback and believing his skills are only meant for playing with QBs of 'his' level, he was phoning it in.

Dont know if I explained that properly, but I think you guys see what Im getting at.

From where we were sitting, there were several plays where Owens had one man to beat, and did, but Edwards didn't even look at him. Even we were scratching our heads a bit.

Dude is a cancer. Did you see the clown act he put on in the postgame interview? Like Dungee said after that interview was played, "That's very hard to coach."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom