A reminder regarding Thinly Veiled Profanity on the SSF board (Don't do it) (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Since it is getting out of hand...

From our posting guidelines:

Profanity:

We do not allow any use of language considered by society to be be profane. The profanity filter built into this system will catch most profanity, as well as some thinly veiled profanity. Attempting to circumvent the profanity filter, or using profane language that may slip through the profanity filter will likely result in an infraction. The profanity filter is not intended to be used as part of the vernacular on the SSF board, which is still a family board. Both the use of thinly veiled profanity and/or intentionally tripping the profanity filter when posting on the SSF board are frowned upon. If you feel the need to emphasize your point yet lack the vocabulary required to do so without using profanity, it would be wise to simply make use of all (*) asterisks and/or non-profane symbols.

That includes the use of Acronyms.

If confused. The first part addresses other boards on the site like the PDB, EE, Locker Room board, etc. The bold addresses this SSF board, which again, is more family friendly.

-Andrus

Also, going forward I will start issuing infractions when I run into instances of TVP on this board. This morning I was going through threads here and ran into several instances of Thinly veiled profanity in the way of Acronyms and intentionally tripping the profanity filter. Most by EE and PDB regulars, where that is acceptable to an extent. I just want to make sure that everyone understands that it is not considered acceptable on this board.

Also, going forward I will start issuing infractions when I run into instances of TVP on this board. This morning I was going through threads here and ran into several instances of Thinly veiled profanity in the way of Acronyms and intentionally tripping the profanity filter. Most by EE and PDB regulars, where that is acceptable to an extent. I just want to make sure that everyone understands that it is not considered acceptable on this board.

Does this make flashing lights and a loud buzzing sound at the SR.com Control Room Headquarters? I'm envisioning a place like NORAD with large monitors and the WOPR(not TVP) parsing through all threads looking for infractions. Or maybe you have the highly paid staff do that instead.

Yes. Thank you. Don't want this looking like the Falcons forum or Carolina Huddle for that matter.

Does this make flashing lights and a loud buzzing sound at the SR.com Control Room Headquarters? I'm envisioning a place like NORAD with large monitors and the WOPR(not TVP) parsing through all threads looking for infractions. Or maybe you have the highly paid staff do that instead.

Nah, it's more like Dad walking in your room and seeing a disaster and yelling "what the hell is this crap!"

i.e. when the foot comes down because the kids done pushed it too far.

I'd like to make you a mod and put you in charge of TVP cleanup duty. You in? :hihi:

SInce the change in the filter it has gotten way out of hand and seems to actually encourage foul language. It is one of the thing's about the new board I don't like.

I'd like to make you a mod and put you in charge of TVP cleanup duty. You in? :hihi:

What's the pay? I'm not like Cajun Mike and will take fried pork chop sandwiches as payment.

Thanks. Just to further re-iterate the point - someone please correct me if I'm word, but this was my understanding - I'm pretty sure a word that starts with a letter and ends in the rest asterisks is not allowed. Full ******* word must be blanked out.

What's the pay? I'm not like Cajun Mike and will take fried pork chop sandwiches as payment.

I gave Mike a raise to a monthly meal consisting of Boudin and Chocolate Milk. :9:

Thanks. Just to further re-iterate the point - someone please correct me if I'm word, but this was my understanding - I'm pretty sure a word that starts with a letter and ends in the rest asterisks is not allowed. Full ******* word must be blanked out.

That is correct. And for example, the word "mother" followed by ****** is not allowed either. Now excuse me while I issue myself a warning.

I think I might be guilty. But I'm sure I can avoid sounding like I'm saying something dirty.

I can be a cunning linguist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom