Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Corner

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Running back

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
What position would you say will contribute off the jump: LB or WR? Simmons, PQ/KM or JJ?

Linebacker unless Anzalone is gonna miraculously be good to go for the whole season and Kiko comes back to stay healthy as well. I think Simmons and Murray are more ready to go right away, but Queen could have more upside than Murray. Simmons is a little hard to evaluate though cause you need a DC that will know how to use him correctly. You can’t just put him at WILL only. He needs to be all over the formation. Murray is the guy I want the most cause I think he can be plugged right into MIKE and him & Davis would be one of better LB duos in the league

A receiver at 24 would likely be the 3rd receiver and 5th to 6th option on offense after Thomas, Sanders, Kamara, Cook, and if you include Taysom. I rather get that later on to compete with Tre’Quan unless Jefferson is there and the LBs are not. But I have more faith in one of those LBs being there over him as the draft has gotten closer

I know the WR class is deep this year, but with the signing of Sanders, I just don't see why we need a WR at this point. Their slow transition and the fact we have a lot of weapons already (don't forget about Harris) means WR is not a priority imo.

I am always for OL or DL. I would honestly use my first pick on O-line or D-line every time unless we needed a QB. Speaking of... where is the QB option?

I picked LB since that has been a weak spot for us in recent years.

Linebacker unless Anzalone is gonna miraculously be good to go for the whole season and Kiko comes back to stay healthy as well. I think Simmons and Murray are more ready to go right away, but Queen could have more upside than Murray. Simmons is a little hard to evaluate though cause you need a DC that will know how to use him correctly. You can’t just put him at WILL only. He needs to be all over the formation. Murray is the guy I want the most cause I think he can be plugged right into MIKE and him & Davis would be one of better LB duos in the league

A receiver at 24 would likely be the 3rd receiver and 5th to 6th option on offense after Thomas, Sanders, Kamara, Cook, and if you include Taysom. I rather get that later on to compete with Tre’Quan unless Jefferson is there and the LBs are not. But I have more faith in one of those LBs being there over him as the draft has gotten closer
Yup, I totally agree. A LB would have the most impact right away. P. Queen for me cuz I feel he has the most upside between him & KM lol

Here's another scenario though, what if both PQ & KM are gone. Would you go after Z. Braun?

Yup, I totally agree. A LB would have the most impact right away. P. Queen for me cuz I feel he has the most upside between him & KM lol

Here's another scenario though, what if both PQ & KM are gone. Would you go after Z. Braun?

I’d be fine with taking him, but I might have to take a different position depending on who is on the board. I would look to trade back. And if that won’t happen I take the highest player on my board regardless of position. If Grant Delpit is the highest player on my board I take him if Murray, Queen, and Jefferson are all gone.

Just so you guys wanting a LB over a WR so badly know... In the modern NFL... the most used personnel package on offense is 11 personnel (one running back, one tight end, three wide receivers)... over 40% of all offense plays are now run with 3 or more WRs on the field...

Conversely, in the modern NFL, no one plays the majority of the snaps in base defense anymore... the modern NFL is a five-man secondary and your nickel corner (hybrid-safety) is a far more valuable player than your third linebacker... far more. 3 LBs at a time rarely see the field anymore.

In short... It's great to have 2 reliable and versatile LBs on your team... but the 3 LB on your squad is not near as valuable as your 3rd WR.

Keep this in mind when we pick tonight.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom