Saints A Seasons Long View! (1 Viewer)

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As bad as last night looked, and it indeed looked bad in virtually all phases of the game, I want to try to offer a different perspective. For the last few years after week two I seem to have echoed on this very board the same sentiments amid the usual panic and end of days rhetoric (understandable I might add)- That is we need to try to consider breaking down the season into 4 quarters. A one game loss, as bad as it was last night, still provides the opportunity to finish the 1st quarter at 3 - 1, which translates into a 12 - 4 record over the course of 16 games if we keep going 3 - 1. It won't be easy this year with Green Bay coming to town and no fans in the stands to support the team, but I choose to wait until after the first quarter is over to start making any long term assessments of the potential of this 2020 team. Coach Payton, while clearly stubborn, has always managed to adapt as he did last year with Teddy. I do not believe his adapting will translate into sitting HOF Drew Brees, but it could lead to a more balanced run to pass ratio or it could/should lead to using Taysom Hill much more in this offense to generate more splash plays. I also believe that last night needs to be a huge wake up call for our so called solid defense which fell dead flat and were a real contributor to our loss. Few teams will win games with a Time of possession deficit we had last night and the defense has to own some of that with the mistakes, penalties and poor coverage all night on the Raider receivers.
In sum, I urge all SR members to step back from your understandable concerns, which have been avidly expressed this morning, and see how the 1st quarter goes. If we continue to play flat and continue to come up short there will be plenty of time the remainder of the year to call out this 2020 team!

12-4.... Sir... We only do 7-9, 11-5, or 13-3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom