A sleep question (1 Viewer)

wamland

Sacrilicious
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am headed to the river in about 4 hours. I have to meet up with 2 people at 4 and then ride for 2 1/2 hours to the mountains.
So do I try and catch a few hours sleep and risk not waking up or do I stay up all night and catch some ZZZZZ's in the car on the way out? Risking being a rude passenger, snoozing in the back.
At what point do you know that if you fall asleep, there's no alarm that's going to wake you up?
So far I'm leaning to staying up. I need to tie some flies anyway and Netflix on the PC is rockin.

I'd try to sleep. Why no alarm clock? Don't you have an alarm setting on your cell phone or something you could use?

Every time I try to stay up for something that I have to do extremely early, I always get extremely drowsy (and fall asleep) about an hour before I have to be awake, and I always wonder why I didn't just go the hell to sleep when I had four hours instead of just one.

Sleeping in the car sounds good though...but you probably won't, because of the adrenaline rush you'll get upon meeting up with your friends.

I have to meet up with 2 people at 4

there is absolutely no way to win if you have to be awake at 4 in the morning, no matter what the circumstances... just resign yourself to being miserable, and hope that whatever activity you're going to partake in makes up for the misery.

as you can probably tell, i am not a morning person-- and i cannot imagine anything, short of winding down an all-nighter, that i would actually plan to be up for at that ungodly hour... but have fun.

there is absolutely no way to win if you have to be awake at 4 in the morning, no matter what the circumstances... just resign yourself to being miserable, and hope that whatever activity you're going to partake in makes up for the misery.

as you can probably tell, i am not a morning person-- and i cannot imagine anything, short of winding down an all-nighter, that i would actually plan to be up for at that ungodly hour... but have fun.

This. And I damn sure ain't getting up at 4 a.m. to fish.

I'd try to sleep. Why no alarm clock? Don't you have an alarm setting on your cell phone or something you could use?

No, I meant that there's not an alarm clock made that is loud enough to wake me. I can not nap. If I am out, I am out like a light.

Every time I try to stay up for something that I have to do extremely early, I always get extremely drowsy (and fall asleep) about an hour before I have to be awake, and I always wonder why I didn't just go the hell to sleep when I had four hours instead of just one.

Sleeping in the car sounds good though...but you probably won't, because of the adrenaline rush you'll get upon meeting up with your friends.

This!

I am by no means a morning person, either. Which is why I will stay up all night. That I can handle. And I will stay up all night to be here in the morning.

9123_1253262814850_1327920583_737097_5813141_n.jpg

I am headed to the river in about 4 hours. I have to meet up with 2 people at 4 and then ride for 2 1/2 hours to the mountains.
So do I try and catch a few hours sleep and risk not waking up or do I stay up all night and catch some ZZZZZ's in the car on the way out? Risking being a rude passenger, snoozing in the back.
At what point do you know that if you fall asleep, there's no alarm that's going to wake you up?
So far I'm leaning to staying up. I need to tie some flies anyway and Netflix on the PC is rockin.

Stay up all night. Every time I try to get by on little sleep, I've overslept regardless of alarm clocks and missed my flights. :rant:

Screw the trip. Stay home and sleep in. The fish are perfectly fine where they are. They've done you no wrong. The fish and I have a pretty good arrangement going; they leave me alone, I leave them alone. If a bigmouth bass comes into my living room and starts a beef then I will rain down on them with the fire of a thousand suns. Until that day comes we've got no problems.

Which sounds like a better time to you? Waking up at 4 in the morning and spending your weekend waist deep in water, or sleeping till noon and spending your weekend drinking beer and watching football?

Exactly.

Which sounds like a better time to you? Waking up at 4 in the morning and spending your weekend waist deep in water,

This weekend

or sleeping till noon and spending your weekend drinking beer and watching football?

Next weekend

and I have the dvr set to record all the games I want to see so when I get back, I can catch up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom