Saints A stat about Drews Brees from Chicago game (1 Viewer)

He didn't whiff, he did some kind of chop block. It halted Mack's momentum for a moment so it did the job.
It only worked b/c Murray had the presence of mind to get back up off the ground and present himself as a target for Brees after Mack jumped over him. Otherwise, Breees, was about to get sacked by Mack. It was a great play by Murray, but not a great block. And, yes, Mack is really, really hard to block, even for an O lineman, so I'm not saying Murray should have been expected to stone him.

It only worked b/c Murray had the presence of mind to get back up off the ground and present himself as a target for Brees after Mack jumped over him. Otherwise, Breees, was about to get sacked by Mack. It was a great play by Murray, but not a great block. And, yes, Mack is really, really hard to block, even for an O lineman, so I'm not saying Murray should have been expected to stone him.
It was a good block and Murray was successful in his assignment on the play, because he gave Drew the time he needed to go through all of his progressions. No one was open. Had Murray locked up with Mack instead of the chop block, Murray would not have been free to improvise and make himself an option for Drew.

my man, Brees is the best quarterback to ever live when trailing by 2 scores
Correct, we won 4 games this season trailing by at least 10 points (Detroit, San Diego, Chicago, SF). We nearly came back vs KC.

The narrative that we don't have the offense or QB to do it is laughable.

Last edited:
It’s not Drew that adjusted, Payton gave him quicker plays. Drew was adjusted from the start 😂
In the second half Payton called lots of 7-10 yarders, plus many underneath throws.
That distance turned out to be the perfect distance to beat their pass rush on first reads without shortening too much our play.

i did not know this....
....thanks for letting us all know and hopefully the rhythm will continue this week!

I am pretty excited thinking Kamara and Thomas had a week of practice together....
Don't know if anyone notice but Thomas' ankle wasn't taped up as much or if at all in the Bears game.

All the games he did play before it was heavily taped almost looked like he had a boot on. Must feel much better if it's not taped like before.

Don't know if anyone notice but Thomas' ankle wasn't taped up as much or if at all in the Bears game.

All the games he did play before it was heavily taped almost looked like he had a boot on. Must feel much better if it's not taped like before.
I relooked that long pass play. Thomas was able to twist his body to make the catch. Didnt catch what ankle it was. But remember Romo saying that play was just like old times

Dont think this has been mentioned, but after the 10 minute mark in the 3rd Quarter against Chicago Brees was 14/15 for 134 yards after a 14/24 start for 131 yards.

It seems at that point Drew adjusted to full game speed with immense pressure on him and that the offense fully jelled with everybody back

Didn't know that, but I did notice the Bears defense looking tired and a little discouraged that Drew and the receivers were a step ahead of them.

I'm thinking that using the Bears as a whetstone was far better than hosting the Buccaneers cold

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom