A suspect accused of ambushing and killing a state trooper and shooting 4 other people has been arrested Ascension Parish/EBR (1 Viewer)

I saw somewhere that the Trooper made a traffic stop.around midnight, pulled into the bank parking lot to do paperwork. the Trooper was shot and killed right next to the street where Mire shot the other 2 people. there is no way the Trooper was killed during the manhunt. there is no way Mire made his way back to where the Trooper was and back to the Hooshootoo area on foot. he must have been killed right after or before Mire shot the people on Dutton Rd, before the manhunt began.
On the radio they said the Trooper was there for about 15 hours before he was discovered.
how did this get overlooked for so long so close to the crime scene?
I can see it easy. They likely didn't have a reason to suspect he was involved. The suspect was quoted as saying that he didn't want to kill the trooper but the trooper got in the way of him getting home to paraphrase. Seems the trooper was in the wrong place and there was no reason to suspect he was involved. I don't think it's standard policy to do a roll call like ya would after a fire drill.

It's a sad lesson which will have future reverberations. I'd guess they'll incorporate the vehicle GPS in the future and if the officer isn't responding...

I can see it easy. They likely didn't have a reason to suspect he was involved. The suspect was quoted as saying that he didn't want to kill the trooper but the trooper got in the way of him getting home to paraphrase. Seems the trooper was in the wrong place and there was no reason to suspect he was involved. I don't think it's standard policy to do a roll call like ya would after a fire drill.

It's a sad lesson which will have future reverberations. I'd guess they'll incorporate the vehicle GPS in the future and if the officer isn't responding...
I understand that, just seems crazy that as many police cars in and out of the area, just a couple hundred of feet away from a crime scene where he had been sitting dead, no one noticed. I'm not saying any wrong doing or cover up or anything, i'm just puzzled how that got overlooked. I feel for his family. Also, i feel like if they had know he killed a Trooper so early on, the search would have escelated and probably doubled the effort to catch him.

If that picture is recent then he's not even missing 1 tooth.

So probably just a psychopath.
On one of the Ascension Parish Facebook pages, a couple family members posted that a judge had ordered him to a mandatory mental evaluation a while back, but he never went. So yea, psycho fits the bill if thats true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom