A Tale of Two Gameday Boards (1 Viewer)

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't usually rail on some Falcon fans over-the-top game because, quite frankly, all fan bases do it. And the level of hate between the teams is just as over-the-top. But a Falcon fan's conspiracy was that the NFL used a magnet ball to guide the kick through the uprights. And then doubled down and noted how the ball moved one way and back again, like it was proof of a "magnetic ball", or something. I'm not making this up.

So here's a Cliff-notes version of a tale inspired by last night's Saints and Falcons gameday boards. How two fan bases went through the same roller coaster of emotions\, but in opposite fashion:

Us:
I'm feeling pretty sure we secure the win with a defensive stop and not allowing a 75 yard TD drive to the Texans. There's only 50 seconds and no time outs.
Them: I don't know why I stayed up to watch this. Even the Taints won't allow a 75-yard TD drive in 50 second and no timeouts. Now they're going to be the only team in the division to win week 1.

Us: OMG, we just gave up 75 yards in two plays...are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Hmm. There's still 37 seconds on the clock and a timeout, but we don't ever win these. Fire the coaches. Fire Gail Benson. (much profanity injected throughout)
Them: LOLLL. OMG, they just gave up 75 yards in two plays! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Woooohoooo. Yeah, Taints! They left Brees with 37 seconds and a timeout, but Bwahahaha!

Us: OMG! He missed the extra point!! We're still in it! Wait, there's a flag? WTH, you can't call that roughing the kicker. He took a good angle and barely touched him. You really fell for that acting job!!
Them: OMG! He missed the extra point. Of course, it's the Saints and the NFL uses a magnetic ball! That's B.S. Whoa. A flag? Roughing? Oh, yeah that's most definitely roughing. LOLLL. Woooohoooo. Yeah, Taints! This second kick is good! Bwahahaha!

Us: 37 seconds and 1 timeout. Gotta reach Lutz field goal range. (Two plays later) we're almost there, but why aren't we using our timeout! Wasting too much time! Oh, man. Can we run a play in less than 6 seconds and call a timeout?
Them: 37 seconds and 1 timeout. Gotta keep Lutz out of field goal range. (Two plays later) clock is running, they should've used their timeout! Wasting time! Oh, man. Can they run a play in less than 6 seconds and call a timeout?

Us: We need about 10 more yards and drop to call a timeout before time expires. Great! Did it with :02 left. Oh, but that's a 58 yarder and he missed one from 56 earlier in the game. Well, at least we have a chance.
Them: Can't let them get 10 yards and stop the clock. Oh man! Why are the Texans playing so deep. They gave Brees that pass. Game's scripted. And why did they touch the receiver and not let the clock run out. And how could that play only take :04 seconds. I don't care that the replay verifies it, I don't believe it! Damn, they still have a chance.

Us: OMG! He made it! LOLLL. Woooohoooo. Yeah, Saints! They left Brees with 37 seconds and a timeout, Bwahahaha! Deeez Lutz!
Them: OMG! He made it! Are you kidding me. Damn, Taints! They left Brees with 37 seconds and a timeout. I hate them! Hate Lutz! Scripted! Magnetic ball! (much profanity injected throughout)

Last edited:
Incorrect. Failcons fans call us the Aints.

Carolina board is always funny when we win too. Sometimes you'd think they hate us more than Falcons fans do haha.

Bucs are always like "meh" :LOL:

Carolina board is always funny when we win too. Sometimes you'd think they hate us more than Falcons fans do haha.

Bucs are always like "meh" :LOL:
Carolina is still the new team in the division. Just angry at everyone.
Atlanta is jealous at the Saints success the past 13 years.
Tampa knows their place is last in the NFC South.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom