A Though on the Remaining Schedule and Playoff Chances (1 Viewer)

We match up good against Dallas and Atlanta. Romo is young and prone to mistakes. He will have big games and busts. Similar to Brooks first year starting. Vick is Vick, inconsistent. We should beat Washington. Carolina will be tough. Steve Smith may torch us much like Johnson. San Fran will also be tough. Giants are a toss up. If we win the turnover battle we should win. I see us beating Dallas, Atlanta, Washington, and the Giants. Losing to San Fran and Carolina.

Playoffs the way we are playing is a waste of time, we need to get hot and win out, to really look like a contender.

Anyone that watched the Giants play last night knows they can be beat prettyeasily too.

Dallas doesn't look all that tough either.

Our toughest game is Sunday in Atlanta against another desperate team

Dallas didn't look tough? Ummm ok.

I hate Dallas as much as the next guy. But they've finally fit the pieces together. They are gonna be hell to beat the reast of the way.

I hate Dallas as much as the next guy. But they've finally fit the pieces together. They are gonna be hell to beat the reast of the way.

Finally a realist

If we can keep from turning the ball over there isnt a single one of these teams we cant beat. It has become obvious our offense can score along with the best of them when we take care of the ball. If we dont turn the ball over 1 more time the rest of the season I think we would win all 6 games. A few would be shootouts, but I like our chances in a game like that.

Sad, Sad, Sad! If you guys don't believe that we can beat Dallas or NY then why even go to the playoffs. Just to lose to one of them again and head home early? The only team that has beat us this year is our own. We lost to Cincy on bad play calling period. The Eagles constantly prove that you can't win the Super Bowl with a majority passing offense. You can get close, but sooner or later you will beat yourself. There is not a team in the NFL that can consistanly stop our offense. BUT, we need to mix it up more. We need to pound Deuce and run down that damn clock more. Two times in the red zone Payton had Brees passing away instead of just pounding with Deuce and at least coming away with a FG and more time off the clock. Plus, turnovers on offense take a toll on the defenses mentality, too. The defense held Cincy most of the game, but demoralized constantly by the offense giving the ball right back, they couldn't hold it together. I know Brees is a superstar, we can all see that, but so is Deuce. Only a balanced team will win it all. I know we can beat Dallas or NY if we do it right. I know we can beat anyone, but each phase has to do it's part for the entire game. That includes the crowd, too. BE LOUD! BE LOUD while the team is in the huddle, not just while they are at the line of scrimmage. Disrupt the play calling, not just the play execution. And when Cincy started to go no huddle, still the crowd was not loud enough until the snap count started. By then it's too late.

Falcons-Win
49ers-Win
Cowboys-Loss
Redskins-Win
Giants-Loss
Panthers-Win

10-6 Nuff Said!!! If we can't keep Deuce in the game more we will lose at least 2 more which will be 8-8 and out of the playoff race. Payton you just got to run Deuce more and let him get his touches point blank. If not we are doomed!!!!

Last edited:
At this point I wouldn't be surprised with any outcome even 6-0 or 0-6. The Saints are capable or beating all of those teams and all of those teams, even the Redskins under Joe Gibbs, are capable of beating the Saints and their questionable defense.

You're exactly right....

Sad, Sad, Sad! If you guys don't believe that we can beat Dallas or NY then why even go to the playoffs. Just to lose to one of them again and head home early? The only team that has beat us this year is our own. We lost to Cincy on bad play calling period. The Eagles constantly prove that you can't win the Super Bowl with a majority passing offense. You can get close, but sooner or later you will beat yourself. There is not a team in the NFL that can consistanly stop our offense. BUT, we need to mix it up more. We need to pound Deuce and run down that damn clock more. Two times in the red zone Payton had Brees passing away instead of just pounding with Deuce and at least coming away with a FG and more time off the clock. Plus, turnovers on offense take a toll on the defenses mentality, too. The defense held Cincy most of the game, but demoralized constantly by the offense giving the ball right back, they couldn't hold it together. I know Brees is a superstar, we can all see that, but so is Deuce. Only a balanced team will win it all. I know we can beat Dallas or NY if we do it right. I know we can beat anyone, but each phase has to do it's part for the entire game. That includes the crowd, too. BE LOUD! BE LOUD while the team is in the huddle, not just while they are at the line of scrimmage. Disrupt the play calling, not just the play execution. And when Cincy started to go no huddle, still the crowd was not loud enough until the snap count started. By then it's too late.

everytime Deuce comes in the game they have 8-9 in the box, so if the defense thinks you're going to run, lets just pound away and 2 yards a carry and end up 3 and 6. we went through this last 5 years with Haz. if they are going to take our run away Payton is going to throw. who says you can't win by throwing the ball, the Patriots did it two years ago, and mixed in some timely runs. sounds eerily similar to the Saints O, except for the turnovers we make.

I agree. Dallas looks to be the hottest team in the NFC right now. But I think we can beat them. Payton is very familiar with Dallas and Tony Romo is basically Payton's guy. I've read that he even tried to get him here in New Orleans. Hopefully he knows Romo's weaknesses and can exploit them.

if we catch the giants like they palyed last night-we should win.

OK
The Falcons, we turn the ball over more times that we get the ball we lose. You can run this theme all the way through the playoffs and you'll be right most likely. In the case of the Falcons we have to keep guys up and focus on stopping the run of Vick and Dunn. It's the same scheme as the last time we played them. They will burn us for a couple of long TDs most likely but we have to try to limit them to 21 points and simply outscore them. Again stopping the run is crucial, something we are very poor at. This is a must win, if we lose no way we win the division and likely we miss the playoffs. If we win, we likely win the division and are a virutal lock for the playoffs. We will win and we will win by at leat 10.

The 40 whiners, stop Frank Gore and the whiners lose, pretty simple really.

Dallas - have you guys not been paying attention since Ditka was here, we always beat the Cowpukes, nothing leads me to believe that trend will change this season. We have to beat Dallas if we want to win in the playoffs, besides I can't watch the Tuna walking around kissing everyone after a football game again so we need to win this one and we will.

Washington smoshington

Ok so that's 4 wins in a row, puts us at 10-4, in the playoffs with a legit shot at the division and possibly the bye.

The Giants and Panthers are about as tough as a 2 game stretch to finish the season as you will ever have in the NFC. I don't know how those 2 games will go. I'd like to think we could beat the Giants in NY but I don't know. Maybe we'll be just ticked off enough over last year to do it. The Panthers at home will depend on which Panthers team shows up. My hope is the Panthers are out of playoff contention by the last game of the season because they are one of those teams that once they get in the playoffs look out. Their schedule is pretty tough but then again the NFC is a weak conference so 9-7 probably makes the playoffs which means the cats could have something to play for in this game.

everytime Deuce comes in the game they have 8-9 in the box, so if the defense thinks you're going to run, lets just pound away and 2 yards a carry and end up 3 and 6. we went through this last 5 years with Haz. if they are going to take our run away Payton is going to throw. who says you can't win by throwing the ball, the Patriots did it two years ago, and mixed in some timely runs. sounds eerily similar to the Saints O, except for the turnovers we make.

good post, finally we have a coach who plays smart

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom