A Though on the Remaining Schedule and Playoff Chances (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don't post very often but I wanted to share my thoughts and why you guys think.. I think losing the Steelers and Bengals was crucial since 1 win can determine whether you make it to the playoffs or not.. This is in the past now so let's see how it goes;

@ Falcons: this game is very crucial for both team and I believe that the Saints would have to win this game to have a chance to make the playoffs.

vs. 49ers: this game was thought to be an easy game but not anymore. The niners are playing very well as of late and this is gonna be a tough game for sure.

@ Cowboys: I don't think that we will be able to beat them in Dallas if they continue to play the way they played against the Colts. This can go either way but I still believe it is very difficult.

vs. Redskins: this is the game that we have to win no matter what to have a chance against a beatable team.

@ Gaints: just like that Cowboys game, it will be difficult to beat them in NY but anything can happen.

vs. Panthers: we always match up well against them but still they are very tough to beat.

I believe the key to winning these games is forcing some turnovers which we haven't been able to do most of the season and that's the only way I can see us getting four wins to make us 10-6 and make the playoffs. 9-7 might get us to the playoffs but we have so much competition.

The 4 games I see that we can win are @Falcons, vs. Redskins, 49ers and Panthers.. Any Thoughts??

I don't think it's too much to ask that we make a solid 3-game homestand against three very beatable teams. I think it's high time we reestablished the Superdome as a place teams fear to play. Haslett's teams played poorly at home and hopefully Sean Payton can reverse that trend by going 6-2 in NO this year.

It would be REAL nice to steal a game between Dallas and NY, but it'll be tough.

I liked your post.

I think we can predict games, but never know how they'll actually turn out. Strange things seem to happen every week.

I think we all appreciate your input. Where are you 'overseas'?

ddd

@ Falcons- we will need to play with the same energy we brought the first time we played them. Vick will surley look to get on track against our porus secondary. we must make them 1 dimensional and cover better than we have in the past 2 games

vs. 49ers- they are truly a one dimensional team all they will do is run, but you must stop that, and many have failed so far. their defense is playing very well right now. so we'll need to continue what we've been doing on O and try to get up early becaus they are not suited to play from behind.

@ Cowboys- we may be looking at a repeat of the Cincy game here. they will attack our secondary relentlessley and we will have to put major pressure on Romo. theme of the week...BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ! and a lot

vs Redskins- no running game, young QB....BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ

@ Giants- can you see FT at 5'9 trying to cover Plaxico at 6'6....shake head....this will be a shoot out. hopefully their D isn't fully healed by this time, but no matter Brees and Co. can move the ball on anyone. will have to out score them

vs. Panthers- this game should be for the division tittle and a playoff birth. Saints could've won the first game if not giving up that back breaking touchdown to Foster on 3 and 6. Payton will have his players ready for this game. and will pull out all stops to get a win. we need to cause turnovers, Delhomme will throw picks when pressured, so......BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ

We need to go 4-2 or we will be out. This means that we will have to beat the Falcons, 49ers. Redskins and Panthers. I wouldn't put much faith in winning the Cowboys and Giants games. Those will be tough to win.

Good post. I think all the remaining games are winable. Even the best teams on the schedule (NY and Dallas) have yet to exhibit true consistency. The Cowboys, especially, seem to follow big wins with puzzling losses. More importantly, though: the Saints will win every game in which they win the turnover battle. I know it sounds simplistic, but the simple fact is that they have lost three of four games by being at least -3 in takeaway/giveaway ratio. Frankly, the schedule doesn't worry me; the mistakes do. If they clean then up--and that's a BIG if at this point, sorry to say--then I believe the Saints will go 4-2 down the stretch.

We need to go 4-2 or we will be out. This means that we will have to beat the Falcons, 49ers. Redskins and Panthers. I wouldn't put much faith in winning the Cowboys and Giants games. Those will be tough to win.

Don't look now, but the 49ers are a much improved team. They're putting a lot of pressure on opposing QBs. I know protection has been a strong point this year, but the Niners aren't the joke they were a month or two ago.

I agree all games are easily within the saints ability to win depending on what saints team shows up. If the saints do not beat themselves then they can beat anyone. They just need one good game and I think they will be back on track.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised with any outcome even 6-0 or 0-6. The Saints are capable or beating all of those teams and all of those teams, even the Redskins under Joe Gibbs, are capable of beating the Saints and their questionable defense.

Actually 3 more wins will almost certainly get us in as a wild card. According to the playoff odds web site that was posted here earlier 9-7 would give us a 84% chance of getting in. 4 more wins 99% chance.

I think we can get in at 9-7 with a wildcard birth...All of the remaining games are
NFC teams, and I 'd say if we can win half of the last six we can get in.

10-6 would probly win the division if we beat Carolina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom