A thread with no Home [NBA Basketball- Sonics to OKC thread] (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For what it's worth.. and I am just passing info...

OKC voted something like 68% in favor of extending our $.01 sales tax another year to provide funds for the downtown Ford arena to become NBA friendly.

The commisioner of the NBA, "Stern" told the business leaders of OKC and I quote...

"It is now not a matter of if, but of when OKC gets an NBA team." - But there is a meeting next month of the NBA owners and that has to be put to a vote...

So that deal looks done... Personally, I am not a basketball fan. I am also glad the Hornets are back where they belong... So please don;t shoot the messenger...

Joe

Last edited:
The Hornets seem to be getting quite comfortable where they are and the OKC Super Sonics has such a nice ring to it

I can't wait to beat the piss out of them too.

I can't say I like the idea of OKC getting a team after what some of them did to us, but then, the Save Our Sonics group hasn't exactly been supportive of us in New Orleans either. Clay Bennett is a terrible person.

It will be interesting to see if OKC will support an NBA team when they are faced with full priced tickets and no incentive to show up.

I hope they end up in our division somehow (assuming the Sonics end up there). Having OKC come to N.O. twice a year and vice versa would be hilarious.

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Professional Basketball Club, LLC, the owners of the Seattle SuperSonics, sent Mayor Mick Cornett a letter of intent Friday detailing plans to move the team to Oklahoma City.

The letter, which can be read here, revues the lease terms and conditions the city and the team would have to agree to relocate the team to Oklahoma City. The agreement is to last 15 years.

Link...

I hope they end up in our division somehow (assuming the Sonics end up there). Having OKC come to N.O. twice a year and vice versa would be hilarious.

It would.

But I've read on other boards some stuff about realigning with a team in OKC and it will greatly affect the Hornets. I forget where, but I read one where OKC moves to the SW division, Milwaukee to the NW division, and the Hornets back east. Not that I think that will ever happen, but interesting nonetheless.

It would.

But I've read on other boards some stuff about realigning with a team in OKC and it will greatly affect the Hornets. I forget where, but I read one where OKC moves to the SW division, Milwaukee to the NW division, and the Hornets back east. Not that I think that will ever happen, but interesting nonetheless.
The Grizzlies would move into the East (or relocate) before the Hornets do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom