Opinion A tip of the hat to Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

clgatlin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Every upcoming Saints game may be Drew Brees’ last. He has had a tumultuous 2020 season on several different levels. Some have dismissed him and some have remained steadfastly in his corner. Whatever your opinion of Drew, you can’t deny his absolute resolve. A resolve that has made the Saints consistent winners and contributed to their only Super Bowl appearance. As a lifelong Saints fan, I have lived through the good and the bad. For many like me, you know not all “bad” is created equally. Drew has done much to erase “bad” from our collective memories. So as I watch him Sunday and hopefully beyond, it will be with respect and a little sadness.

Very well said.

For the sake of forum harmony, I won't get into my opinion of the Saints fans who turned on him after last year's playoff loss, or after a particular issue last summer, or during the first month of the season........but you're absolutely right about his resolve. To have their seasons end the way that some of their seasons have ended and to continue bouncing back with double-digit winning seasons is simply remarkable.

Drew truly is the face of this franchise and a player who has led by his work ethic, leadership and of course great talent. He has earned every single accolade he has received and will go down as a First Ballot Hall of Fame Saint - a player who brought to this once woeful franchise a Lombardi Trophy. This year I have enjoyed every game he has played knowing that each game could be his last. I can only hope that his last hoorah will continue to next week with a big inspired win today. No matter I feel so fortunate to have watched him for over 15 years lead the Saints to one of the most admired franchises in the NFL. He will be missed but never forgotten as the greatest Saints to ever have put on the black and gold!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom