A Very Brady Renovation (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'm excited about this. A little while ago, the iconic house used in exterior shots as the home of my quasi namesake ("Marcia, Marcia, Marcia") on The Brady Bunch hit the market. The house, whose interior doesn't look a THING like the set the show was filmed on, got a TON of interest. But it was apparently bought by HGTV and they are attempting to get the house to match as closely as possible what we THINK the house looks like and filmed it in a multi-episode special for the channel. And the Brady kids, all growed up and old as us now, even show up!

Just a heads up in case anyone else is interested.

I would think it has to if they're going to match the show's kitchen.

1568119107684.png

I read an article about the popularity of those colors in the 70s that was very interesting. It apparently stems from the fact that color TV was a new medium at the time and networks were designing sets to show off the new tools. Things that popped on the screen I guess you would say. So since these were the first color Kitchens that audiances ever saw on TV, those colors started filling up kitchens across the nation.

I'm sure we have all seem kitchens with similar colors and it still makes me smile.

My grandparents had a kitchen that color along with a den with a pale brick wall and red shag carpeting. I had a crush on Marcia.

does it include alice?

my grandmother still has the kick arse orange counters, faux wood panels, old arse oven, greenish linoleum floor, plastic sheet ceiling over the lights, and a lime green fridge and dishwasher.

does it include alice?

my grandmother still has the kick arse orange counters, faux wood panels, old arse oven, greenish linoleum floor, plastic sheet ceiling over the lights, and a lime green fridge and dishwasher.
No, Alice and mom and dad Brady are not with us.

well fork that. she is a permanent kitchen fixture. maybe they can contact madame tussauds for a wax figure?
It's not a dramatic series. There is no re-casting. Though certainly Cousin Oliver is still alive.

It's not a dramatic series. There is no re-casting. Though certainly Cousin Oliver is still alive.
i'm talking about a ********** wax figure. it would be like a statue in honour. she belongs in the ********* kitchen.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm talking about a ******** wax figure. it would be like a statue in honour. she belongs in the ******** kitchen.
I still think that would be weird but they haven't done the kitchen yet. So there's all kinds of time to be creepy yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom