Saints A wierd twist of irony in Saints vs Bucs matchup (1 Viewer)

For the second time this season the Saints play Tampa after facing Chicago. The first time the Saints beat them both the hard way on the road. Capped off with the perhaps the biggest statement game of the season a 38-3 victory in Tampa. Now this time they have the chance to repeat the feat in the Playoffs in the friendly confines of the Superdome.

I have a theory that Chicago's stout D-line helped the Saints prepare for the Buccaneers D-line. Fresh off the game speed of the Bears Defense, N.O and Brees didnt have to adjust to Tampa's D. Conversely, Brady has struggled mightily against teams that can offer a relentless pass rush. It is hard to make adjustments against the Saints defense because they are good at all levels and boast great depth everywhere except Linebacker.

The Saints depth on the D-Line will ensure that they can keep up an intense pass rush all game long on Brady and make his life hard. If N.O can get off to a good lead, Arians will likely abandon run and make Tampa become one dimensional offensively. When this happens Arians likes to call plays that tend to lead to negative consequences.
This is an outstanding theory on the Dline Of the Bears.

Bears provided good warmup IMO.

Least as far as the O-line goes, the Bears defensive line are big guys compared to Tampas. its part of the contribution of why the 2nd Tampa game went the way it did. Chicago is a team very capable of doing damage if they solve their QB problem and play calling.

Um, didn’t the Bucs set an NFL record for fewest rushing attempts in a game the last time? Didn’t seem to lead to too many cheap TDs and MW mistakes.
Doesn’t mean they won’t try.

giphy.gif
Made my day!

Haven't looked this up, but haven't we generally played tampa better in tampa, going back to Haslett days. I know there reason punt block game was in dome, that was the spark that got that game going.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom